Chapter 2: Trouble's Coming

"So, what did I miss?" I asked sitting back down next to Mat after Amanda and I returned from the bathroom.

"Absolutely nothing" Mat threw me a small smile as he laid his arm along the seating behind my shoulders.

"Perfect" I turned my focus back to the conversation of the table.

One of Mat's friends asked me a question and as I leaned over Mat to answer him I made sure to lay my hand across Mat's stomach strategically.

As I spoke, I felt Mat's eyes on me and could sense the amused smirk on his face.

"What?" I turned to Mat with a smile after I was done answering.

"How mad do you think Amanda will be if I steal you away from the table for just a little to have you all to myself?" He spoke against my ear, sending a chill down my body.

"She can manage" I turned slightly more towards him and ran my hand along his arm.

He took my hand in his and stood up, taking me with him.

I mouthed a quick 'I'll be back' to Amanda as she gave me a wide smile and continued her conversation she was having.

"I could not wait..." Mat trailed off pulling me into his lap as he sat down. "To get you alone" he smirked, his arms wrapping around me.

"Yeah?" I grinned getting more comfortable against him.

"This dress looks...amazing on you" he ran his hands up my body before bringing a hand to rest on my thigh again although this time he let the tips of his fingers come to rest just under the hem of my dress.

"Well your outfit is definitely doing you some favors" I smiled up at him running my hand along his chest before tangling it in his hair.

"You're so..." he trailed off finally pressing his lips to mine. "So sexy" he said between trailing kisses down to my neck.

His grip on my thigh tightened and as his mouth worked wonders on my neck, I knew I had found the perfect person I was looking for that night. He didn't seem like the kind of guy that did long term, and that was perfect for me.

"How mad do you think your friends will be if I steal you away?" I grinned at him as he pulled his lips away from my neck.

"I don't even think they've noticed I left" he chuckled softly.

"What if I steal you away for the night?" I looked up at him cautiously, hoping he would catch on to what I was suggesting.

"Let's go get our things" he pecked my lips quickly and stood up taking me with him.

We made it back to the table grabbing my purse and his car keys before Mat turned to the table.

"We're going to head out. Amanda I'll make sure she gets home safe. Can at least one of you promise that Amanda will get home safely?" He questioned his table of friends who all agreed.

"Are you ok with this?" I asked to Amanda who already had a smile on her face.

"Of course, just let me know when you're home safe" her smile widened a little more.

"Same with you" I returned the smile.

"You ready to go?" Mat asked slipping his arm around my waist.

"Definitely" I gave him a smile before turning to blow a kiss towards Amanda. "Behave" I joked as she shook her head at me.

It wasn't long before we were settled in his car and Mat was pulling out onto the main road.

"Your place or mine?" He asked as his hand moved to my upper thigh, giving it a grip like he had been doing all night.

"Yours" I smiled up at him running my nails along his arm gently.

Going to his meant one thing, it was easier for me to leave straight away.

As soon as we made it inside his place, he turned to me nervously.

"Do you want something to dr-" he started before I pulled him to me by his shirt and brought his lips to mine.

"No thank you" I grinned pulling away from him.

A smile formed on his face before he brought me back to him for a rough kiss.

"Hey" he breathed pulling away again. "Are you sure about this?" He looked at me seriously.

"So sure" I pulled him back to me.

I felt his arms snake around my waist and pull me fully against him. I wrapped my arms around his neck as I felt him move to guide me.

In a matter of seconds, I was in his room. Pulling away to take a breath, I took a good look around. His room was nice. Clean, neat and organized...nothing like what I expected. It was nice, cozy, welcoming.

I made it a point to make it clear to myself not to get too cozy since the whole encounter was a one time thing.

"Nice place" I smiled over at him while working on the buttons of his dress shirt.

"Thanks, it's decent" he grinned pulling off his shirt as I finished with the buttons.

"Damn" I muttered under my breath even though the smirk along with the tiny chuckle he let out told me well enough that he had heard me. "Can you help me with this?" I asked softly turning to expose the zipper of my dress.

With a small kiss to my cheek his fingers worked to tug the zipper of my dress down before helping me peel the fabric from my body.

He grabbed me by the hips and moved forward until I landed softly on the bed, him moving to press his body to mine.

"You are so..." he trailed off before kissing me slowly. "You're so beautiful" he breathed pulling away.

I didn't want to admit it, but his words and the way he said them sent a wave of heat through my body that shouldn't have been there. None of this means anything after tonight. In a few hours time it would be like nothing even happened in the first place.

"You're not so bad yourself" I joked with a light giggle before his lips caught mine again.

I gripped at his skin, dying to get him closer to me.

"So. Fucking. Beautiful" he said between trailing kisses down my body.

Each word he spoke raised my skin with goosebumps and made my breath catch a little.

This wasn't good. I couldn't let myself get too involved emotionally, I couldn't let myself feel anything deeper than the pleasure that was in the near future. This was about one night and one night only.