Alpha-beta prompts

ONE

There were others like him. Beta males who were unbonded well past the age of 20, and no longer considered viable options for alphas, young or old. With the numbers of beta-males and females being almost four times the number of alphas, it wasn’t much of a surprise. Heck, sometimes they were even allowed to mate with each other. On very rare occasions, such matings even produced offspring. All sterile of course. God wouldn’t allow such errancy to continue.

Mali Koa was married at 16. Now at 27, she was mother to 7 kids already. Plenty to carry on the Hood bloodline, if not the Hood name. So Calum was a content bachelor at 25; his parents had long stopped harassing him about bonding with an alpha.

He had some aspirations to meet a nice spinster female. His job as head gym teacher at Norwest High paid more than enough to provide for a wife. He even stopped having those insufferable heats. The science books called it a form of menopause. When an unwanted beta’s body realizes it cannot attract an alpha through the heat, it simply gives up trying after a while.

Things were going quite well as far as Calum was unconcerned.

What he hadn’t expected was for Luke Hemmings’ blue-eyed stare to trigger such a reaction in him and force him to ‘present’ like a wanton harlot during gym class. Calum’s face burned as he remembered how he lost total control of his senses, dropping to all fours in front of his 18 year old student, and turning back to glance over his shoulder at the boy. God. He had practically begged Luke to fuck him right there.

Most frighteningly, the Hemmings boy had been more than ready to comply…

TWO

Calum was 29 years old when the King and his son, the 17 year old crown prince Luke, came to town. While it was a fact in Calum’s head that the boy (like all other Hemmings before him) was an alpha, his dominant-status wasn’t anything Calum ever thought of. Hell, he hadn’t even wanted to go to the parade in honor of the King’s visit.

But Halsey begged to go, and when Zayn joined in on the begging, Maggie threw up her hands and said they would go. After that, Calum knew it was over. His wife had declared it. His family would be at the parade, cheering on their King. And so he was there, perched on a lamp-post stand with Halsey on his shoulders so she would have a better view.

He didn’t expect split-second meeting between his eyes and Luke’s would lead to such life-changing consequences. Imprinted. It was supposed to be indescribable and Calum knew he didn’t have any way to describe it. If he had to try to approximate the feeling, he would say from that moment on, he knew he belonged to Luke Hemmings. It was the most gut-wrenching, terrifying thing he had ever felt in his entire life.

Then the connection was torn as he stepped off the lamp-post and back into the crowd, mindlessly lowering Halsey onto her feet next to him. It was a confusing set of emotions: he at once felt his heart break and an impending sense of panic.

"My Prince! What are you doing?" The shrill yelling of the guards snapped him back into the present. He could hear the commotion as Luke climbed out of his carriage and move into the crowds towards him.

Of course.

Luke felt their connection as well. And now the Prince was trying to get to him. To claim him. To take him away from his wife, his two children, his sister.

That wouldn’t do at all.

Maggie and Mali Koa stood next to him, as unaware as the rest of the crowd of what had transpired. Calum knew he didn’t have long. He also knew he wouldn’t be able to take them with him right now if he wanted to move fast enough to get away.