*One*

It was a warm Saturday morning and you had around twenty minutes until you arrived at your grandmothers house where you would be spending the whole summer. You decided to come back to your home town as an escape from all the shit that had gone on during the school year. You deserved a long break and you had felt bad that you hadn't visited your grandmother since you moved away with your dad after middle school.

You arrived at her decent sized ranch as she came out to greet you.

"Y/n! Look how big you've gotten!"

"Well I was in eighth grade the last time you saw me in person. How are you?"

"I'm doing alright. So how's college. Got a boyfriend?"

"College is fine. No more boyfriends. I'm taking a break with them for now."

"Well, there's some lovely boys down here."

"I'm sure there are."

You lugged your suitcases to the guest room and set them down. You unpacked most of your things when you heard an unfamiliar voice in the house. You walked out of your room and into the kitchen where you found your grandmother fussing over a boy. He turned around to face you, a confused look on his face at first that turned into pure excitement a moment later.

"Y/n?"

"Connie? That you?"

"Yea its me. Is that you?"

"What do you think?"

"You look so different!" he said walking over to give you a hug.

"So do you! You got so tall...and you look stronger?"

"Yea I started working out freshman year." he said as he flexed and kissed his bicep. "Puberty hit me like a rock after you left. Should've seen how hot I got." he said with a smirk.

"Yea your personality is defiantly not different."

"What's that supposed to mean?"

"It means you're still an idiot." you laughed as you poked his nose.

"Am not." he said staring to take the food out fo the bags.

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I pick up your grandmothers groceries for her, she doesn't like to drive too far and the nearest grocery store is a stretch."

You grandmother turned around and patted Connie's back, "He's such sweetheart. I needed some help after you moved with your father so Connie volunteered."

"Ah, It's nothing...besides it's not much."

"Wait, so how many years have you been doing this."

"About six. I was just-"

"And you didn't tell me you were helping out all this time?"

"Well you kinda fell off the face of the Earth, we lost touch."

"Yea we did. That's my fault"

"Everyone else still talks about you. Good things though!" he said as he walked outside with you.

"I missed you guys a lot, I didn't really have a lot of friends in the city."

"Really? But it's full of people."

"Yea, I didn't really fit in though."

"Well I'm glad your back...how long are you going to be staying?"

"Just till the end of the summer."

"That's it? You can't stay any longer."

"Nope, I have to go back to school."