Kabanata 26

I quickly slammed myself into my swivel chair and squeezed my head, frustrated over my paperwork.

I sighed. "Am I really going to finish all of this, Harmony?" I asked my secretary.

"Yes, Madam. You have to review all the contents and sign it all."

"I'm tired."

She chuckled. "You should rest, Madam. And then you can continue signing it later."

"Guess so," I nonchalantly said.

"You want coffee? I can make you one," she asked, so I nodded.

Good because I haven't eaten my breakfast yet. I left so early in the morning at my penthouse.

"Pizza," I told her. "I want pizza."

"Okat," she smiled at me before leaving.

Nagpatuloy ako sa pagtipa sa laptop ko. Maya-maya ay kumuha ako ng isang papel saka binasa ang mga nilalaman. Walang gana ko iyong tinignan at saka napahingang malalim at agad din namang binitawan. I really hate paperworks so much. I looked at my phone on my table when it vibrated. I immediately get it and check the message I received from my younger brother.

Zean:

ate, are you done with your work?

Napairap naman ako. Ang aga-aga pa alangan naman matapos ako. The brain, Zean?

Me:

not yet why

Zean:

we have our family dinner later around 6:30 pm

Zean:

i'll pick you up

Me:

alright.

Zean:

pangit mo hahaha

I rolled my eyes on his last reply. What's wrong with him? Hindi ko na lang naman siya tinugunan pa dahil alam kong mang-iinis lang naman, palibhasa roon naman siya magaling.

I unconsciously scrolled to my messages and I was about to tap the home button when I saw the two messages I never deleted from two important people. Their last message to me.

Binalewala ko ang isa at hindi pinansin habang ang isa naman ay binuksan ko.

Trystan:

Find a lover who reminds you how gentle love is, and find someone who sees beauty in your brokenness. But, don't chase love. Love will find you and the right ones will stay voluntarily. Take care, Dianne.

I grinned after re-reading his last message to me. He was very sincere, and I appreciated that about him. Definitely, looks are less important than attitude, maturity, and the mindset. In addition to the fact that he has good looks, I find him attractive. I suppose I would have flirted with him if I felt better when I met him that year. Sana nobyo ko na siya ngayon.

I chuckled with my own thoughts. Boyfriend, huh? But Trystan definitely has a distinct impact on me physiologically than any other person I've met over the years. Simply put, when you actually connect with someone, something different happens. He taught me to constantly be patient because you'll eventually receive the world without even asking for it. Iyon din naman ang madalas niyang sabihin sa akin hanggang sa huli niyang mensahe.

Additionally, he taught me to keep going until I find a place to grow. I should give myself some space to grow since you can't grow in an environment where you don't belong. Prior to realizing that it's good to bloom and grow alone, I desired a partner with whom I could grow. How rare it is to find a man like him. I really wanna keep him.