1

That slap actually felt harder than the others. Todoroki fell to the floor as his father looked down at him with his disgusting gaze. He leveled down to meet his son's face, not more than two inches away.

"Listen to me you little brat" his eyes colder than ice " I do not care for what you think is right or wrong. You do as I say. You know you can't do otherwise huh?"

Todoroki, standing ground even if he was scared to death, held his father's stare, not saying a word.

"You will end up doing as I say no matter what. I own you and I'll shape you to the vision i have for you " He reached for Todoroki's face, gently caressing it, which only added to his toxicity."Now... You're going back in there and get what I need, you hear me ?" His grip tightened and he was now aggressively shaking his son's face. "Get up.'

He let go and both of them got up. Endeavour had always been a fearful king and a horrible father. He only had eyes for power and wealth, stealing from the poor and starting wars with every kingdom on the map.

He handed Todoroki the knife that had fallen on the floor. He look even more ruthless in the shadows of the dungeons than he ever does.

With remorse, Todoroki took the weapon and turned back to the door of a circular cell, in the very back of the prison. King Endeavour signalled to the two guards holding the door to open it. He grasped his son's collar and whispered in his ear.."I'm not letting you out until I hear the thing scream."

He then pushed him in and closed the door behind, leaving the teenage prince in almost complete dark. He fought back tears as he slowly walked to the back of the cell to the creature chained together and at the wall.

The 'thing', as his father called it, was a hybrid, a girl his age, that had been imprisoned here for an unknown time to him. She was really frail. He guessed the guards were not feeding her, as she couldn't even hold herself up.

He got to her and kneeled. He couldn't hold the tears anymore and silently cried to their gaze meeting.

"It's okay. I know you have to." She could barely speak but even then she gave him a reassuring smirk." I'm tougher than you think" He closed his eyes and shaked his head. "Hey, get it over with or he'll hurt you more"

"I can't do this. I don't want to." Todoroki couldn't bear to hurt others. Especially if they couldn't fight back. She looked at him with her fully black eyes and shaked her head."Go"

He sighed, still crying and reached for the black feathers on the side of her face and grabbed one cutting it away with the knife. The girl embraced the pain and screamed at the rushes of a burning sensation that spread in her body. "Good... Now go" she said passing out with shinning tears.

From the wound flowed a dark liquid that we could believe was blood. Todoroki got out a tiny bottle and pressed it against her head, collecting the blood.

He got up and walk back to the door opened by the guards. His smirking father held out his hand and he put the feather and bottle in it. The King clutched his fingers on the treasure. The parts of this rare type of hybrid were said to bring special abilities, so he was harvesting that girl's body in hope of gaining power or any kind of force whatsoever.

"I knew you could do it. You're off the hook for awhile. Leave." Todoroki took a look to thru the bars at the unconscious girl and with a heavy heart got back to his room in the higher part of the castle.

King Endeavour observed his son leave and waited for him to be far away to enter the cell. He walked to the girl and started to meticulous examine her body for parts he did not experience on.

He looked at her arms and hands which he already cut some of her claw like nails off. She overall looked human except for the side of her neck and face that had dark midnight feathers leaning backwards. It appears that she had some kind of special powers but she was way too weak to use them.

The King opened the bottle of blood and brought it to his nose. He smelled the liquid before swallowing it down. He felt a tingle in his hands and understood what it meant. He brought his palm to the creature's head and a dark purple smoke came out of it to heal the wound.

"So your blood heals ..." ''I am going to need more of this then." He then took her face and observed her. "It saddens me that I haven't found more of you. But don't worry, I have enough with only your pathetic self. For now at least"

He left the cell clacking the door and told the guards to give her a little bit of food to keep her alive.

When he was far enough she opened her eyes and let go a big sigh. The healing woke her up but she pretended to still be out so he wouldn't stay too long. Guess it worked.
" Good luck trying to find more of me. They're gone you monster." She painfully smiled at that thought.

She felt bad for the prince. Even tho he was royalty, he was treated horribly by the king and his siblings were probably in the same position. Except for one, a tall guy with black hair and scars on his neck and under eyes. He had no pity like his father. He would not hesitate to come here by himself and get what he needed from the hybrid.

Anyway, she closed her eyes and tried to sleep since there wasn't anything else that brought he comfort. Even though, most of her nights were tainted with nightmares.