2

The squad was running towards the woods with their lot. The five of them were trying to out run the King's army that was chasing them. "Kaminari! Tree!" At the sound of his name, the guy so called Kaminari aimed his hand at a branch and shot a piercing lightning bolt breaking it in half. It started to fall and the squad quickly passed under before it smashed to the ground.

"Haha, losers!" "Focus flat face!" Mina, a pinked cutie, was holding a bag full of food obviously stolen. She tossed it to Sero aka flat face, who caught the bag with his tape. The branch hurt a bunch of soldiers but some were still running. They started to shoot arrows at the group. "Fuck." A guy with spiky hair and a long cape took a bost and launched himself from a tree. He held out his hand and set off a blast from his palms that put out the remaining enemies.

"Yeah! Good job Bakugo!" The guy shouting was Kirishima, a dragon hybrid who kinda was always up beat. "Whatever keep running until we're at the cliff" he blushed a little. "Woohoo! We're gonna eat so much tonight!" Mina hit Kaminari, since he was yelling, with a friendly jab which almost made him trip.

We could see the cliff comming up and Bakugo told Kirishima to get ready. He picked up the paste as the others slowed down a bit. He jumped off the rim and shifted to a beautiful scarlet dragon. The rest also jumped and landed on Kirishima's back. They flew away in the sky, Kaminari and Mina still overjoyed.

"Shut up you idiot! You almost made us fail!" Sero hit them with the bag as they tried to protect themselves. During the theft, Mina hit pots in the market. The sound alarmed the guards who noticed their suspicious activity. "It was Mina's fault i swear!" "Oof betrayal!" She did a dramatic pause which caused a laugh from Sero.

"Hey, keep it down will ya?" Bakugo was trying to get to Kirishima's head since he usually sat there as the leader of the group. It was easier anyways to give directions to the red boy from his head than to yell from the back. The others would ride on his back.

They flew a little more when Kirishima started to lose altitude. They headed towards a really big tree and landed at an open area near it.

The squad got down normally except for Mina who hopped down with a gummy bear smile. They walked a little further to let Kirishima shift back into a human. It was always fascinating to see. The dragon closed his eyes and smoke started to leave his body all the way to a tiny Kiri back to normal size. He gave the group a thumb's up and Sero signalled him to come over.

He cutely wobbled his way to his friends which make Bakugo blush a little again. It was no secret that Bakugo had a soft spot for the dragon but he tried his best to not show it. He had to keep it strong and he felt tho as feelings weakens him. He never had it easy, its was no lie. From a young age he stopped dreaming and was left to survive alone.

The group got to the tree and Mina took head of the formation. She held out her hand and started to throw acid at the wood. It was actually metal, disguised as wood, to hide an entree to a staircase going deep in the ground.

One by one they got down the stairs, 10 meters below the entree. Sero was last. He blocked the opening with another similar pannel that came from a pile next to the hole on the inside. They made those to conceive extra special camouflage, since everyone in their little crew was an ennemi of the crown.

They all had been mistreated. The system of King Endeavour failed all those who did not favor him. They lost their home and wandered in the woods. Luckily, they found each other and created a strong bond through their misery. Now, they were kind of like family, like adopted siblings.

After Sero closed the entrance, he got down avoiding the lanterns that kept their house lit. He was the tallest so he was used to those minor inconveniences.

Once he got completely down the stairs, the others were unpacking the stolen food, except for Bakugo who was sulking on the couch of the round room. Their home was kind of like an underground cottage, resting in between the tree's roots. They were really lucky to have found this place, as it became a comfort zone to each of them.

The living room area was the first space you get into as you get in the house. It was a big round shape cavity that spread into three corridors. Kirishima made sure to livin up the place with pretty wisteria flowers, growing from the high roof. He even added lantern in between to make it seem like the plants were glowing.

"He's probably angry Mina made those pots fall." Sero thought while helping his friends get the food in the cupboard at the bar/kitchen area.

For some reason, Kiri got down from his rush of adrenaline and looked pretty gloomy. It wasn't like him to act like this. They finished the work and he told his friends that he was going to wash up.

He went to one of the corridors and open the door on the right. In their house there was a huge underground source, kinda like a cave, full of healing crystals. It glowed shyly and when he entered, the glow livened up. As soon as he hit the water, he felt the magic of the water go deep in his soul. He could say it was the most precious thing in his house (except for Bakugo ahem).

He was bathing for about five minutes when the door loudly opened. Even though he was facing back to the door, he knew it was his feisty friend. Only him never really knocked.

He trew his cape on the floor and got in the source. He exhaled loudly and looked at Kirishima with a weird face.

"The fuck is up with you?" The smaller boy awkwardly chuckled while rubbing the base of his neck." Haha, what? I'm okay, yeah".
"Don't lie to me you're so bad at it."
Kirishima look down. Of course he was bad at lying. How could the keep things away from his crush? He got a little lost in thought, until Bakugo splashes him with a "hey!".

"Oh, sorry... Something has been bothering me since we were in the village. Before Mina made the pots fall, I heard two guards speaking about a new prisoner to King Endeavour. The way they were talking about the person was strange. They were saying things like 'the monster' or 'the creature'. But it didn't seem as the thing was a thing, you know what I mean?"

Bakugo listened carefully to what he said trying to picture his words. He kept silent and let Kiri continue.

" I don't know why it annoys me so much. I could swear I head one saying that apparently, it was a girl. It made me think what if she was a hybrid like me? I know King Endeavour has been looking for people like us. I don't know why but I can't help to wonder if she could be another dragon. Hehe, you know that there's none left but what if. Just what if..."

He looked so confused yet hopeful. Bakugo couldn't help but feel sympathy for his friend. It was hard to see Kirishima this way for him. He hated it when he was all in his thoughts like this. He took a time to think.

"We'll talk about it with the others"
Kirishima's eyes sparkles.
"Thanks bro."