𝟺.

ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ- 𝙷𝚎𝚛𝚎 𝚒𝚜 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝 𝚏𝚘𝚞𝚛! 𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚜𝚝𝚘𝚛𝚢 𝚍𝚘𝚎𝚜𝚗'𝚝 𝚑𝚊𝚟𝚎 𝚖𝚊𝚗𝚢 𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚍𝚎𝚛𝚜 𝚢𝚎𝚝, 𝚋𝚞𝚝 𝙸 𝚑𝚘𝚙𝚎 𝚒𝚝 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚜𝚘𝚘𝚗 𝚔𝚒𝚌𝚔 𝚘𝚏𝚏 𝚒𝚏 𝙸 𝚞𝚙𝚍𝚊𝚝𝚎 𝚏𝚛𝚎𝚚𝚞𝚎𝚗𝚝𝚕𝚢! 𝚕𝚎𝚝 𝚖𝚎 𝚔𝚗𝚘𝚠 𝚒𝚏 𝚢𝚘𝚞'𝚛𝚎 𝚎𝚗𝚓𝚘𝚢𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚒𝚝! -ˋˏ ༻❁༺ ˎˊ-

┏━━━━°.•☆•.°━━━━┓

【 ⇠▸|◂⇢ 】

4.

┗━━━━°.•☆•.°━━━━┛

Previously...

𝑂ℎ, 𝑠𝑜 ℎ𝑒 𝑙𝑒𝑓𝑡 𝑖𝑡 𝑡ℎ𝑒𝑟𝑒. "𝑆𝑜 𝑦𝑜𝑢 𝑡𝑒𝑠𝑡𝑒𝑑 𝑚𝑒 𝑡𝑜 𝑠𝑒𝑒 𝑖𝑓 𝐼'𝑑 𝑢𝑠𝑒 𝑡ℎ𝑒 𝑚𝑜𝑜𝑠𝑒? 𝐹𝑜𝑟 𝑓𝑜𝑜𝑑?" 𝑇ℎ𝑎𝑡 𝑖𝑠 𝑎𝑐𝑡𝑢𝑎𝑙𝑙𝑦 𝑞𝑢𝑖𝑡𝑒 𝑎 𝑔𝑜𝑜𝑑 𝑤𝑎𝑦 𝑜𝑓 𝑑𝑒𝑡𝑒𝑐𝑡𝑖𝑛𝑔 𝑖𝑛𝑡𝑒𝑙𝑙𝑖𝑔𝑒𝑛𝑐𝑒.

"𝐘𝐄𝐒𝐒." 𝐻𝑒 𝑟𝑒𝑝𝑙𝑖𝑒𝑠 𝑠𝑖𝑚𝑝𝑙𝑦.

𝐻𝑢ℎ. 𝑇ℎ𝑖𝑠 𝑑𝑎𝑦 𝑤𝑎𝑠 𝑔𝑜𝑛𝑛𝑎 𝑏𝑒 𝑤𝑒𝑖𝑟𝑑.

. . . . . ╰──╮ˏˋ°•*⁀➷╭──╯ . . . . .
I wriggle slightly in the cryptid's large hand, using my free arm to try and wriggle my way out. His neck cracks towards me, chattering his teeth and hissing through them.

That was obviously a warning for me to stop struggling. I freeze, not wanting to upset the creature. "Okay, I'm sorry. Can I at least..sit in your palm? You're... squeezing the oxygen out of my lungs." I take in a huge gasp of air.

Siren head whirred in concern, making somewhat of a faint 'wooo' sound. He opens the palm of his other hand, setting me down in it, his fingers bent slightly so his claws hovered just above my head.

No way was I going to start disrespecting this creature. I know for sure he could rip me in half with absolutely no effort. He spared me because I was intelligent and resourceful.

Which was a weird statement, but it makes sense. The siren monster had his neck turned away from me, listening to the sounds of birds and the wind breezing. I could hear his loud breathing. It sounded more like wheezing. Deep, guttural throat growls. This certainly must imply that either he doesn't drink water, or just has a pair of shit lungs.

"Siren head?" I ask hesitantly, poking at his large fingers. This catches his attention and he twists his neck so one of his sirens was facing me. Jesus christ, I am still not used to those large, bloodied teeth.

His voice crackles from his throat. "YESSS?" He hisses, running his tongue over his bloodstained chompers. "Do you know the way back to the town? I need to get back home, I have unpacking to do." I state innocently, wobbly standing in his palm, gripping onto his bony, pointed fingers.

He takes a moment to respond, his sirens emitting static as he thinks. "YESS. LEAVING SO..SOON?" His tone is disappointed as his voice wheezed his words. I gritted my teeth and nodded my head, inhaling sharply through my teeth. "Unfortunately, yes. But, I can visit you if you'd like. But here's the deal."

He leans forwards slightly, listening extremely closely to what I was going to say. "Don't sneak up on me. Please. I don't want to run anymore. I am retiring from running." My legs were still wobbly from running away from a force I thought was going to kill me.

───── ❝ SIREN HEAD ❞ ─────

𝐀 𝐝𝐢𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐫𝐭𝐞𝐝 𝐥𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐩𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐫𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡 𝐦𝐲 𝐬𝐢𝐫𝐞𝐧𝐬. 𝐓𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐞𝐦𝐚𝐥𝐞 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚 𝐬𝐭𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐠𝐞 𝐫𝐞𝐪𝐮𝐞𝐬𝐭. 𝐈 𝐭𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭 𝐬𝐡𝐞 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐚𝐲 '𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐞𝐚𝐭𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬'. 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐨𝐟 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐫𝐬𝐞 𝐈 𝐰𝐚𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐠𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐭𝐨𝐩 𝐝𝐨𝐢𝐧𝐠. 𝐇𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐰𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐚𝐫𝐠𝐞 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐬𝐩𝐞𝐜𝐢𝐞𝐬 𝐧𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫𝐬 𝐧𝐞𝐞𝐝𝐞𝐝 𝐭𝐨 𝐛𝐞 𝐤𝐞𝐩𝐭 𝐚𝐭 𝐛𝐚𝐲.

𝐇𝐨𝐰𝐞𝐯𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐫𝐞 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞 𝐞𝐱𝐜𝐞𝐩𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧𝐬. 𝐋𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐌𝐢𝐬𝐬 {𝐘/𝐍}. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐲 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐰 𝐮𝐧𝐝𝐞𝐫𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐚𝐧 𝐢𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐥𝐢𝐠𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞. 𝐔𝐬𝐮𝐚𝐥𝐥𝐲 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐡𝐮𝐦𝐚𝐧𝐬 𝐈 𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐧𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝐬𝐜𝐫𝐞𝐚𝐦 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐫𝐮𝐧. 𝐈𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞𝐦 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐢𝐞𝐫 𝐭𝐨 𝐬𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐞. 𝐍𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐛𝐨𝐝𝐲 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐞𝐬𝐜𝐚𝐩𝐞 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐲𝐰𝐚𝐲. 𝐁𝐮𝐭, 𝐈 𝐡𝐚𝐝 𝐚 𝐩𝐫𝐨𝐩𝐨𝐬𝐢𝐭𝐢𝐨𝐧 𝐨𝐟 𝐦𝐲 𝐨𝐰𝐧. 𝐓𝐡𝐞𝐫𝐞 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐜𝐚𝐬𝐞 𝐨𝐧 𝐦𝐞 𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐈 𝐤𝐧𝐨𝐰 𝐭𝐡𝐚𝐭 {𝐘/𝐍} 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐝𝐞𝐟𝐢𝐧𝐢𝐭𝐞𝐥𝐲 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐞𝐯𝐢𝐝𝐞𝐧𝐜𝐞. 𝐓𝐨 𝐞𝐧𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐈 𝐚𝐦 𝐧𝐨𝐭 𝐜𝐚𝐮𝐠𝐡𝐭, 𝐈 𝐰𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐡𝐚𝐯𝐞 𝐭𝐨 𝐜𝐨𝐧𝐯𝐢𝐧𝐜𝐞 𝐡𝐞𝐫. 𝐖𝐡𝐢𝐜𝐡 𝐬𝐡𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐛𝐞 𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐲

. . . . . . ╰──╮ˏˋ°•*‿➷╭──╯ . . . . .

The siren creature chortled at my proposition. I rolled my eyes, expecting nothing less from a beast who was designed for stealth. "{Y/N}. LISTEN TO..ME..CAREFULLYYY," he begins to speak, the tone quite serious in his distorted voice.

I stand still in his palm for a second, farrowing my brow slightly as I wait for what he wants to say.

"DO NOT..CONTACT POLICE. TELL..NOBODY ABOUT..MEE. CAN I TRUST..YOU?" The beast sounded very serious.

Would I have to disobey my own superiors for the sake of a supernatural beast that can easily defend itself? Well..yes.

He spared my life, so the least I could do was delete picture evidence and that blooded shirt I found. "You can. Do I need to get rid of this?" I pull my backpack from my shoulders, holding up the bloodied shirt which was sealed tight in the plastic bag.

The tall cryptid buzzes at me, poking the sealed packet with a huge, pointed finger. "I DO NOT..RECALL EATING SOMEBODY WITH..A SHIRT OF THAT COLOUR. TOO LITTLE..BLOOD."

"So what you're telling me is that we could have an actual serial killer on our hands?" I ask with wide eyes, gawking at the shirt as my gaze passes from the blood soaked material to siren head.

"HIGHLY..LIKEY YESS. HUMANS ARE VERY..VIOLENT. ALWAYS KILLING EACH OTHER..FOR ENTERTAINMENT." He hisses, looking back down to me with his one out of two sirens.

I pinch the bridge of my nose. "Well..just drop me home and I'll see what I can decipher about all this."