Chapter 16 - Feyre

We all sat down on the sofas dotted around the room, letting out a collective breath.

"That went better than I thought it would." Aelin sighed.

I just nodded, after seeing Tamlin all I wanted to do was curl up in bed and never emerge again.

The door burst open not five seconds later, Tamlin was growling.

"Give me my wife back." he snarled at Rhys. The other six High Lords were now stood in the doorway, this was going to be fun.

"He didn't take me Tamlin, I left myself." I snapped at him.

"Stay out of this Feyre, it doesn't concern you." He didn't even look at me. Aelin didn't take you kindly to that, she was instantly at my side.

"As it is her life you are arguing about it damn well does." She had taken my hand and was squeezing to tightly I was surprised my hand wasn't crushed.

"There was no trouble until you arrived." He spat at her feet.

She looked down and frowned before looking back at him.

"The trouble wasn't me; the trouble was that you decided to completely ignore her wishes, that you treated her as a possession instead of a person. Then you raped her like the animal you are, she left to go back to her family, her mate, so that she wasn't stuck with you and your hideous ideas." Aelin was shaking with rage, Rhys was looking like he was about to murder Tamlin on the spot.

Aelin suddenly stopped shaking and the whole room caught on fire, it wasn't burning me or my family though. There was a solid wall of flames in front of the door, trapping everyone inside. Aelin let go of my hand and walked forwards.

"The fact that you treat women with such disrespect disgusts me, but I need you alive to win this war, so I am not going to reduce you to ash, although it is tempting." She looked around the room, her eyes were ablaze. "I once did this to my Aunt Maeve because she tried to hurt my mate, she is now dead, I killed her. This is your warning."

The room extinguished itself and Aelin stepped back to my side.

"How dare you threaten me." Tamlin growled.

"How does it feel to no longer be the most powerful fire wielder in the world Beron?" Helion laughed.

"She is not more powerful than me." He snarled back.

Amren snorted "She single handily held back a tidal wave, I think she is."

I raised my eyebrow at her "It's true, it was supposed to be Maeve's killing blow, but I decided to save a city instead, poor Rowan almost had a heart attack when he saw me on the plain alone." She smirked at him over her shoulder.

"You didn't tell anyone what you were doing." He mumbled.

"There's also the time I surrounded an entire city in fire just to prove a point, or the time that Deanna took over my body and nearly wiped out an island, and I single handily held off three valg princes from attacking a fortress full of innocents, then I also broke an entire glass castle, melted the glass and re shaped it into a wall to cover the stone castle underneath because someone told me they killed my friend and they had no remorse for it, that person had it coming though. Am I forgetting anything Rowan?"

"Chaol told me that you once split another world in two to save Dorian, I have lost count of the amount of times you have sent pillars of fire into the sky, you merged your powers with Goldryn to fight Maeve, that thing still spews fire every now and then. Other than those nope, I think you covered every crazy thing you have done." He was grinning wickedly once he was done and Beron was dumb struck.