Chapter 2

So what if she dropped in with no warning or without asking me first? We're still friends. Star thought to herself. I mean, sure its kind of inconsiderate and maybe a little selfish... but Janna has always been different. She said she got into a fight with her family. Why wouldn't we help her? Star thought of a few personal reasons she wouldn't but forcefully pushed them aside. Although she felt strangely off about the entire ordeal, Janna was still Marco's friend. Well, apparently 'best friends' but whos listening. She ensured herself that she would fix Janna's relationship with her parents, and have her out of the house by Monday at the latest. I wouldn't say 'out of the house', just... in a happy position in her life. Sure. Anyways, while Star wiped dry tears from her cheeks, a knock was heard from her door.
       "Hey Star, we're headed to that pirate themed restaurant in town. Wanna come?" Marco said through the wood door decorated in Stars frantic art style.
       "Sorry, I can't. I'm- uh..... banned from there, remember?" Star yelled back, while grabbing her wand.
       "I thought you patched things up with them at the end of that whole 'Banagic Wand' incident." Marco said, recalling specifically his banana frozen yogurt that was smushed to the floor after claiming he underestimated her. He attempted to discuss it later that day but was quickly disregarded by Star.
       "Yea, I'm banned for a different reason. Plus Glossaryck and I planned to practice magic today." She patted herself on the back for thinking that up on the spot, and had Janna been there, she would've quickly caught on to Star's unbelievable tone, but she was too busy getting dressed for the day out.
       "Alright then, we'll be back soon. Enjoy your time practicing with Sir Glossaryck 'Of Terms'." Marco said sarcastically.
       He waited downstairs, having texted Janna a moment earlier to hurry up and receiving the response, "You hurry up" which didn't annoy Marco as it usually would have, but it bugged his very hungry stomach. Meanwhile, Star flipped through the Magic Spell Book, with Glossaryck appearing instantly.
       "Glossaryck! I need your help." Star said eagerly. Glossaryck sat, or kinda levitated, in his usually meditative form.
       "Yes, I hear we have some training to do. What spells did you have in mind?" He said.
       "Well, actually, I just need some advice." She said timidly. "So, a specific someone kinda just plopped out of nowhere and is now living in our house. I mean she's my friend and all, but-"
       "But isn't that what you did?" Glossaryck said, cutting her rambling short. Star was frozen, trying to process the accusation.
       "W-what do you mean?" She said nervously, seeming like she knew where this was going but not quite.
       "I mean, you kind of 'plopped' from Mewni on to Earth and are currently living in someone else's residence, correct?"
       "Well that was before someone actually liked Marco." Star said, causing Glossaryck to smile cheek to cheek, while keeping a half lidded stare. Star soon realized what she'd done, and she had to act fast.
       "Wait, no nonononononono not like that, I meant-"
       "So that's what this is about." Glossaryck said, still keeping his smug face, which Star did, in fact, not appreciate.
       "Glossaryck, listen to me for once-"
       "Welp I can't help you with that sort of issue." He said, levitating downwards towards the book. "Though I do hope you succeed in your quest." Glossaryck laid himself on the book, where he enclosed himself within. Star grunted, and stormed towards her window, where she rested herself on. Glossaryck soon peeked out from the book, looking at Star.
       "You wouldn't by any chance be talking about that girl in the green beanie, huh?"
       Star nodded, still staring outside her window.
       "Ah, I figured. She said many things about the boy during our pudding talk at the time of your whole Mewberty issue." Star kept staring out her window, noticing a piece of paper flowing though the wind as the rays of the sun reflected off the morning dew that spread across the grass.
       "She's a good kid. Maybe you should give her a chance." Glossaryck said, before slipping back into the book. Star turned her head to where the book laid for a moment, then back away once more.