Our First Encounter (Part: 1)

"Oh, hi there little one", I smiled at them.

"Plant", they said back.

"Are you lost?", I asked with a tone of worriedness.

*They shook their head and right before I could speak, a scream from behind them, caught me off guard*

"Plant! Get back here!" someone yelled.

*When the kid heard the scream, they turned around and looked at a guy standing in front of them*

"Hi, Dad," they said, smiling.

"Plant, you can't just run away from us like that. What if something happened to you?" said the guy.

*They looked at the guy then turned towards me*

"Plant not safe?" they asked me.

*I couldn't tell them anything since I was in shock that there was a mage in front of me, but still, the guy didn't pay attention to my messed up magical aura floating around me. The guy looked at me with a confused face*

"Are you ok, Ma'am?" he asked.

*When he said that I quickly looked down at the kid*

"Yeah, I'm fine. I'm just wondering if you're a mage" I said, turning up towards him and seeing a surprised expression on his face.

"How do you know I'm a mage if I didn't tell you?!" he asked, confused and surprised.

"Well, you do have a guild mark on your chest," I said while looking at his chest.

"Right. I forgot I had my mark there, but do you not know who I am?" he asked.

"Not a clue," I said, shrugging my arms.

"Well, I'm from the best guild, the one on top of all the other guilds, Divines Magia!" he said.

*My face turned pale when I heard the last two words*

("Divines Magia?" I asked myself in my head. "Isn't that the guild where criminals can become reformed criminals go?" I still asked myself.)

*I looked at him and then back at the kid*

"So, you're a reformed criminal?" I asked.

"I am but this little one isn't," he said.

*The kid looked at me*

"Plant!" they said.

"Also, the name's David, Ice-Demon Slayer, S-Class of Divinus," he said, proudly.

"And this is Plant, my child," he said, looking at Plant.

"Awwwww, they're adorable," I said with a cute tone of voice.

"And what might your name be, Ma'am?" he asked.

"Oh, where are my manners! My name is Melody, nice to meet you, David and Plant" I said with a sweet tone.

"It's nice to meet you too, Melody, was it?" he asked, confused.

"Yeah, that's my name but if it's too long, you can call me Mel if you want," I said.

He sighed with relief, "Thanks, I don't have to call you by your name"

*I looked at my pocket watch and saw that the time was 3:20 p.m.*

"I have to go now," I said in a hurry.

"Ok but if you need any help, you know where to find me, right?!" he shouted questionably.

"I do!" I shouted back, running in the same direction they came from.