Our First Encounter (Part: 2)

"It's nice to meet you too, Melody, was it?" he asked, confused.

"Yeah, that's my name but if it's too long, you can call me Mel if you want," I said.

He sighed with relief, "Thanks, I don't have to call you by your name"

*I looked at my pocket watch and saw that the time was 3:20 p.m.*

" I have to go now," I said in a hurry.

"Ok but if you need any help, you know where to find me, right?!" he shouted questionably.

"I do!" I shouted back, running in the same direction they came from.

*A few minutes later, at the bar*

"Where the hell were you?!" asked a girl behind the counter.

" I ran into a mage," I said, serious.

"Wait, were they able to sense your magical-" before she could finish, I stopped them.

"No, he didn't sense it which was weird," I said.

"What do you mean he didn't sense it?" she asked in confusion.

" I don't know also but he's from a guild, the one I'm avoiding," I said, looking sad and angry at the same time.

"Wait, are you for real?!" she asked in shock.

"Yeah and guess what?" I said, smiling.

"What?" she asked.

"The person I bumped into was David, Ice-Demon Slayer of Divines Magia," I said, with a furious tone.

"Why does this keep happening to me?!" I asked myself.

"Well-" I stopped her before she started her sentence.

"Finish the sentence and all the earnings we've been getting from the 'boss' will go away," I said while smiling.

"You wouldn't dare!" she said at me, angry.

"You know I would," I said with a smirk on my face.

"Also, where is the 'boss'? He would usually be the one to yell at me and not you, Rosa" I asked with a curious expression.

"The 'boss' is sick again, but this time is worst Mel," she said with a timid voice.

"And the doctor has tried everything he could but still..." she looked down and a few tears came down her face.

"Rosa..." I said.

*I go behind the counter and hug her tightly while she's crying on my shoulder*

"Rosa, everything will be fine. He will get better soon..." doubting my words but still saying them and cleaning the tears off her face.

"Now, why don't you take that sad look off your face and give me a smile," I said before smiling at her.

"Sure..." she said, smiling while looking at me with a bright smile.

"Now that's the smile of a strong girl," I said, teasing her and making her laugh.

"But I'm not as strong as you Mel," she said to me with a cute smile on her face.

"Well, someone is being a liar," I said while looking at her with a smirk showing and eyebrows lifted.

"I'm not lying," she said with a pouting face.

"Oh, am I-" but before I could finish my sentence, the door opened, and a voice caught our attention.

"So, we finally found you, 'Lesly'?" said the voice.