The Beginning of Everything (Part: 4)

"But if you guys have magic, then why couldn't we sense your magical aura/energy?!" asked Ritchie in confusion.

"Well, we hide our magic since we rather are normal people than mages," I said in a normal voice, for once.

"The actual reason why we hide our magic is the reason why I actually steal is thanks to mages," I said while I turn to them.

"What do you mean?" asked Lukas.

"My mother left me because of assassins that were after me and my magic, and Rosaline's parents had to leave her because she was involved with magic and she wasn't able to control it," I said with a sad voice.

"Wow, we're sorry that happened to you two and-" Lukas was about to finish when Ritchie interrupted.

"That still doesn't give you the right to steal from others, especially in a place where there are mages," Ritchie said with an angry look on his face.

"What are you going to do to me then? Put me in jail?" I laugh.

"I've escaped from jail before, so I guess I'll do it again," I said jokingly.

"Please don't put her in jail, I need her help so we could save our boss," said Rosaline with tears in her eyes.

"We don't technically have to put her in jail, correct?" asked Lukas.

"That is true," said Brandon.

"We could try and do our line and see if she takes the good one or not," said Ritchie.

"So, what is your name, 'Melly'" Brandon asked.

"My name is Melody, but you could call me Mel," I said.

"What about 'Melly'?" asked Lukas.

"That name is only allowed to people that are closed to me," I said.

"Then how can David say that name?" asked Ritchie.

"Well, I said that nickname to Plant, but I guess he now wants to call me that," I said sighing.

"So, what is the line that you were going to tell me?" I asked curiously.

"So, would you rather choose to be in our guild or-" David interrupted and said, "or die"

"Is that the actual line, or no?" I asked in confusion while having Plant in my arms.

"No, that isn't the line," said Ritchie looking at David mad.

"The line is to join us or to go to jail," said Brandon.

"I see you're impatient today, Brother," said Ritchie.

"Let's just get this over with," said Brandon.

"Either way, what do you choose, Mel?" asked Lukas.

"I choose to join your guild," I said.

"Wait, really?" asked Rosaline shocked.

"I am not going back to jail," I said, smiling at her.

"That's nice to hear," she said.

"Plant!" said, Plant.

"What, Plant?" I asked.

"Plant," said Plant.

"You want me to be what, Plant?" I asked in embarrassed confusion.

"Plant!" said again Plant.

"Ok but you first have to ask your parent and I can't be what you want me to be, ok," I said in a calming voice.

"Ok...," said Plant.

*When Lukas and David heard that, they were in shock*

"Uhm?" I said confused.

"Now why don't we go back to the guild, shall we?" asked Ritchie.

"Sure" I answered.