Chapter 1

"Alice please don't do this to me..." Belle begs to her friend over the phone. "No, no, no. Don't try to make me feel guilty... It's not my fault you're sick and can't make your meeting. I'm not going!" She keeps pestering Alice to let her be, but to no avail, Alice keeps begging her.

After thirty minutes of fighting back and forth Belle finally gives into her friend and agrees to attend the meeting with a powerful business man named Mr. Gold. Belle wears her most formal attire, consisting of a grey skirt that ends around her mid-thigh, a pale pink button up dress shirt, black heels, and a single silver bracelet on her left hand. She curls her hair, so it's perfectly wavy and adds an appropriate amount of make up on.

"You can do this..." Belle mumbles to herself as she approaches the gigantic office building complex. She makes her way to the top floor, the elevator passing each floor with the upmost sluggish way. Belle bites her nail anxiously as the elevator opens to the proper floor.

She walks out, her heels clicking on the marble flooring and she looks around the reception. It's plain and white, just another boring rich office. She approaches the kind-looking receptionist, with a gentle smile, "Um hi... I'm looking for Mr. Gold..." "Yes, he's busy at the moment, please wait" the receptionist says quickly, barely gazing into her eyes before looking back at her work on the computer. Belle slowly nods her head, walking to one of the couches and she sits down, looking at her feet.

She lightly taps her foot on the floor, attempting to calm her nerves but it doesn't work as she feels the time passing painfully slowly. Her eyes wander to the clock as she watch each unbearably slow minute pass. "Miss!" The receptionist yells, snapping her out of her thoughts. "Oh um yeah?..." "Mr. Gold will see you now."