Ch 1

Desiree's pov

"Excuse me coming through." I said as I walked passed a few guys to get to the booth.

I saw Jream and took his headphones off.

"Why did you eat my whole box of fruit snacks? There was so much in here." I said shaking the empty box beside his face

All he did was stare at me with a blank face.

"Nah, you're not getting away with this. Why did you eat it?"

"Really that's what you came in here for?" He asked

"Yes, you know I don't play about my food."

One of his lil friends walked in and said, "We can all hear you."

"Sorry, my fault." I softly said.

"Oh, so you're not being loud anymore. You were just talking like you 6'5 with a criminal record.

I rolled my eyes as we both walked out of the booth.

I sat down on the couch and applied some blistex.

Jream's producer, Jay, started to speak, "I think we are almost done with this song. You just have to redo the first 3 lines."

"Alright, I'll be right back." Jream said and motioned me to follow him.

We stepped into the hallway and closed the door behind us.

"Can you stay one more hour?" He put his hands in his pockets.

"No, I have to get Kamil from school in about 10 minutes."

"Right, I forgot. Just bring him here. He hasn't been here in a while."

"I guess I can bring him."

He nodded and was about to go back into the room, but I stopped him.

"I'm still mad about the fruit snacks."

"Yeah, yeah, I'll just get you a new box, Desiree." He walked back in the room.

I walked out the studio, hopped in my car and drove my way to pick up my nephew from daycare.

I arrived 10 minutes later. I signed my name on the clipboard and went to the playground.

Kamil immediately recognized me and ran to me with a huge smile.

I waved to the lady who was in charge of all the kids at the time. This was more of summer camp than a daycare. I grabbed Kamil's hand and walked to my car.

When I buckled him in I handed him a snack and sat in the car.

"How was your day today, Kamil?" I glanced at the back.

"It was boring." He sighed.

"How come?" I asked.

"Miss Jane didn't come today. She the only one who makes it fun." A frown appeared on his face.

"You had fun with Nielle though, right?" Nielle was his bff. They were very much inspereable.

"No, she left early."

"Well I know somewhere that'll be fun. The studio, we are on our way there."

"Yay, I love the studio. They always give me free chips." He said, a little too excitedly.

"So you only like going because they give you free chips?"

"Yes, don't you like free chips too?"

I laughed as I entered the parking lot. He reminded me of myself when I was four years old.

Once we entered the studio everyone came up to Kamil. I didn't know he was popular like that.

"Where's Jream?" Kamil looked around.

"I'm right here and I brought you some Doritos." Jream said, walking in the room.

"Thank you." Kamil took the bag.

"And I am not falling for your tricks to give you a 'few' chips." He pointed at me.

"Boy please, I don't want your chips." I said back.

"Aye Kamil, I'm gonna play my song and you rate from 1 to 5. 1 being the lowest and 5 being the highest."

Kamil nodded at him and Jream hit play.

I've always loved the way Jream interacted with Kamil. Kamil's dad is in jail, so he didn't really have a father figure. He really cared for Kamil.

The song finished playing and Kamil had come up with an answer, "I'll give it a 3 or a 2."

"A 3 or a 2?" Jream pretended to look shocked, "Okay what should I improve to make it a 5?"

"I don't know, I'm not a rapper." Kamil shrugged.

Jream continued to work on his song, while Kamil talked amongst the other guys. I scrolled through Insta. I looked at this one girl's story talking mess about someone.

"She stay talking 'bout someone." I mumbled to myself.

"Whatchu doing over here? You look bored." Taz, one of Jream's friend asked.

"Nothing. Can you take me some pictures?" I fixed my dress.

"Why everybody always asking me to take pictures? I'll do it, you want outside pics?" He said taking my phone.

"Nah I always take some outside. I'll do it in the hallway."

We took enough pictures until I was satisfied with the pictures. I went back into the room.

I started to get my things, so I could leave. It was almost Kamil's dinner time.

I went up to Jream and told him I was leaving.

"I might have to delay this ep 'cause I'm not feeling this song." He told me, staring at the computer.

"You know your fans gone come for you. They been waiting for this ep for the last 4 months."

Jream is a rapper and his fans can be impatient sometimes. He's been stressing about this ep for the past 2 weeks. He hasn't dropped a song in a minute so he wants the ep to be perfect.

"You're putting too much pressure on yourself. This song sounds amazing."

He turned to me with red eyes and slight bags underneath. He obviously ain't been getting sleep.

"When was the last time you slept?" I asked.

"Like two days ago."

"So you just been sitting in the studio for the past 2 days, Jream?" I looked at him closely.

"No, I go home but just to take a shower and eat." He pulled his hoodie over his durag.

I gave him a "really" face, "You need to get some sleep and I mean it Jream."

"Yeah, I hear you. Are you good though?" He asked.

"I'm good. I still want my fruit snacks." I said as I motioned Kamil to get up.

He gave me a hug and Kamil a high five.

"I'll see y'all later." I waved at everyone.