Ch 14

"You can not tell me the sweet pea perfume from bath and body works is better than the A thousand wishes." Marie said.

"Girl you must be crazy sweet pea is 1000% better." Tiana argued

I tuned out the 2 of them as I stared at my older brother right in front of me.

"I thought you were getting out tommorow."

"No, today, August 8th"

I checked the date on my phone. I had mixed up the days. Thought tommorow was the 8th.

"Who is that at the door?" Jream yelled from the kitchen.

When he didn't hear me respond he came over.

"Akari? Whatchu doing here man?" Jream had the most surprised face.

"Why is everybody so suprised?" Akari questioned.

Akari was a 4.2 gpa student, was heading to MIT, but that summer he was going to college. We said goodbye to good ole' Akari and hello to completely changed Akari. He became buddies with this new kid on our block. That was the start to an endless disaster.

He started trapping, not coming home for days at a time, fighting everybody and they mama, being overly rude, and more.

And when it was time to take him to college he told us he didn't need school and that he was making money by scamming. He claimed he'd be mad rich by doing so and college wouldn't do that for him.

With all that he didn't become rich. He instead was in jail this whole time for scamming and trying the wrong one.

"All these people be here on a regular? Around my son?" Akari questioned with a disgusted look.

"Nah you not gonna question me 'dad of the year'." I replied.

He was already working up my attitude.

"That's not what you should be worried about right now. Kamil is at a play date." I said.

"Yea his party coming up still, right?" Akari asked.

"Yes, are you still coming?" I crossed my arms.

"Yea I'll be there. I actually wanted to tell you something."

"And that is?" I had a feeling he was about to say something outrageous.

"I want to take Kamil back with me." He looked me straight in the eye.

I looked at him before I chuckled.

Jream looked at me concerned. He could tell I was going to tell Akari about himself if he said something else just as dumb.

"What's so funny?" Akari crossed his arms.

"The part where you want to take Kamil with you." I answered.

"Am I not his dad? What's the issue here?"

I could tell he was staring to get mad.

"What's the issue? Let's see, oh, the part where you just came from jail and most likely have no where to sleep. Can I trust you around Kamil after the last time you were with him?"

"Des don't make this hard. I'm his dad and not whatever pretend mom you have been trying to be. I said I'm taking him with me." He started to walk closer.

"No. I have been taking care of him all this while. What do you know about Kamil, Akari?" I asked.

"Don't piss me off Des. I don't want to ask again." He took another step closer.

"You can't just walk in here and mess up everything I've done!" I said.

"Would you quit tryna act like a lil single mom. Nobody asked you to take care of him. Mom and dad would've taken him in.
And two, don't be over here acting like you the mama. I'm his father!" He raised his voice.