Ch 2

"Alright I'm 'bout to drop the ep." Jream said to his live.

Jream and Taz counted down from 3 and started to yell.

"Dang y'all don't have to yell." I mugged them.

Taz bucked at me, "We do what we wanna do."

"Okay, you all better stream them songs." Jream pointed to the phone.

"Yeah and tell all of your lil friends to stream it too." Taz added.

"Imma catch y'all on the flip side." Jream ended the live.

Jream went to the kitchen and came back out with a fruit bowl.

"Every time I see you, that's what you're eating, why?" I asked.

"We've been best friends since 8th grade. You should know by now that this is what I eat everyday." Jream replied.

"Y'all never told me how y'all met." Taz said.

"Well, on the 3rd day of school in English class, our teacher assigned us seats. The desks were in pairs, so we ended up next to each other." Jream told him.

"That's it? That is such a basic story." Taz commented.

"Why, what did you want him to say? Did you want him to say, he saved me from a killer shark?" I asked, curiously.

"No, but that was so basic."

"Whatever Taz, I have to go work." I laughed and grabbed my keys.

Just as I was about to open the front door. Jream walked up to me with his arms wide open.

"You just gon' leave without giving me hug?"

I tried to give him a quick side hug, but he didn't want it.

"Why you tryna give that little side hug? That's not a real hug."

"You're very annoying. I am trying to leave for work."

I gave him a real hug but he wouldn't let go.

"This is giving 11th graders blocking your way in the hallway." Taz said while pointing at us.

Jream gave Taz a confused look. I used those few seconds to open the door and ran to my car. I was not going to be late for some hug.

I quickly got in my car drove to work.

I arrived at work 20 mins later. I greeted the front office and made my way to my room. I was a daycare worker.

"Good morning, Tania." I said to my coworker.

"Good morning to you too." She cheerfully said.

"You usually aren't this cheerful in the mornings." I looked at her as I hung up my bag.

"Well that's because we don't have that many babies today." She whispered.

We took care of the 6 months to 1 year olds, and they can be a handful.

Work passed by very quickly today. Surprisingly we didn't have lots crying kids today.

"I will see you all next week." I waved goodbye to some of the other workers.

I placed my bag into the backseat and got in the car. Right before I was going to pull out I saw a missed call from my mom. So I called her back.

"Hi, mom-" she cut me off.

"Come get your nephew before I tell  your dad to come get him."

"Why? What's happening?" I asked.

"He keeps throwing his toys because I told him he couldn't have Wendy's."

"Well I'm on my way. And haven't you been a mom for like the past 52 years? Don't you know how to deal with this stuff." I joked.

"Girl goodbye." She hung up.

"This lady did not just hang up on me." I said in disbelief.

I made a right turn as I heard my phone ringing. I answered it seeing that it was Jream.

"Can you bring me some Checkers?" He immediately asked.

"So no hi or hello. You just start asking for stuff."

"Sorry but can you bring me some? I got an interview in an hour."

"Can't you ask someone else or do doordash?" I questioned pulling into my mom's driveway.

"I'm not doing no doordash. They stay messing up my food."

"Look I can get you Checkers but I don't think I'll make it in time."

"Its cool I will get it myself.

"Alright talk to you later." I hung up.

I walked up to the door and used my key to unlock. The second the door opened Kamil ran up to me.

"Please, can I have Wendy's." He begged.

"No Kamil you've had enough fast food this week." I told him.

"But all we have at home is mashed potatoes." He complained.

"That is not true. How about I make mac and cheese with fried chicken." I closed the door behind me.

"We ate that for lunch." My mom said from the living room.

"Okay how about alfredo pasta." I said, dragging Kamil with me to the living room.

He finally smiled at me and nodded.

"Hey mom, how are you?" I sat on the couch.

"I'm good, did you bring me my charger I left at your place?" She asked.

"Yeah I did. It's in my bag let me get it." I looked through my bag.

"When y'all moving to the new place?" My mom asked.

"Tommorow, remember?" I gave her the charger.

"Now if I remembered, would I be asking you?" She looked at me.

I secretly rolled my eyes.

"So you've got everything packed up?" My mom asked, while I told Kamil to put on his shoes.

"Yeah, I just need to pack up the bathroom."

She nodded and asked another question, "Who is helping you move? And did you get a uhaul?"

"Dad, Jream, Taz, and Amari. I'm picking up the truck in the morning. You wanna come?"

"I'll come but I'm not going to move too much." She said getting up with her hand on her back.

She always get up like she has a back problem. I picked up my phone and got up as well.

"Where's Marie and Mar?" I asked looking around for my twin siblings.

"They over at my mom's." My mom replied.

I opened the front door and my siblings almost ran me over.

"Dang who are y'all running from?" I questioned.

"We are not running from anyone. I'm just tryna get the last Capri Sun before she does." My brother, Mar pushed me out the way.

"It is never that serious." I said.

The twins ran to the kitchen as I looked at them. Doing all of this for a Capri Sun.

"Alright mom I will see you tommorow." I waved to my mom.

I grabbed Kamil and left the house.

"I don't want to move." Kamil told me as I unlocked the car.

"Why not? The new apartment is bigger and you'll get your own room." I said confused.

"I will have to go to a new school and have to make new friends."

"No you won't we aren't moving that far. The new place is just a couple minutes away from the old place. You're going to go to the same school."

"Really? Yay!"

"Yup, now let's go home and finish packing."