chapter 4

Shocked I stare back at him. What is he doing? Momentarily the thought of retreating back into the safety of the shop passed through my mind, but where would that get me I would be trapped in the store for god knows how long till he decided to leave. I can't outrun a wolf either and I'm not stupid enough to try that today. There really is no good solution to get out of this I thought while taking a deep breath. Eyeing him carefully I step around him careful not to touch him. If he is going to follow me I will be as unbearably boring as possible till he leaves me the hell alone I decided. Rolling my eyes continued down the street making my way to the park with Beta Austin nipping at my heel.

"On an adventure I see, where are we going today?" He asked wiggling his eyebrows.

I thought about not replying to him for a quick second, but I really didn't want to piss him off today and risk being torn apart in the street or being descended upon by a group of angry wolves for disrespecting their beta.

So I curtly replied "park" hoping he would get the point. 

He hummed accepting my answer before smiling brightly and waving to someone as we passed by. I looked around and couldn't help but notice the multiple sets of curious eyes that descended upon our every move. I sighed internally feeling the heat of blush spread across my face again. Of course, they would stare. Their beta is walking with some unknown human girl, this is not good, not good at all. My stomach knotted into a ball and I began to feel dizzy. I needed to get away or I was about to cause a scene, it would be something along the lines of me passing out and being taken away by an ambulance. Wouldn't that be a sight to see?

I quickly look around making sure there are no cars before making a B-line across the street and towards the north side of the park. This side mainly consisted of a large playground for children and was not where I was intending to go but right now I would do anything to stop the feeling of those gazes burning into the back of my skull. Wouldn't you know but the beta wasn't giving up that easily, he simply followed strutting across the street matching my pace as I hurried into the sanctuary of the park.

"You really are a woman on a mission aren't you" he laughed. Clearly not bothered at all by the attention.

I rolled my eyes wrapping my arms around myself trying to provide myself any sense of comfort. As I continued to walk through the park I look around at wolves and their mates playing with their children on the equipment, you may ask how do I know their wolves well the amber eyes are normally a dead giveaway.

I can't help but be disgusted as my eyes wander to the bruises that litter the arms of a young woman who is sitting in the sand next to an adorable little boy, I let my eyes drift a little more spotting a wolf not 5 feet from them speaking to another man while keeping his eyes directly on the young women that I can only assume is his mate. Violence between mates is not uncommon especially human-wolf pairings, it's not like they try to hurt their mates but they are possessive and most seem not to know their own strength. I bet he has been groveling since her hurt her but that doesn't stop the fear from flashing in her eyes as he approaches her placing a hand on her shoulder. I watch as she visibly flinches, pain flashes through her beasts eyes not enjoying his mate rejecting his touch. Good riddance I think keeping my eyes directed on the young couple.

"Awe is someone dreaming of love?" an annoying voice asks from beside me "don't worry darling your hero will show up one day" the beta sings over dramatically while slinging his arm around my shoulder.

"Every hero is a villain in someone else story" I spit out stepping out of his reach and continuing my track across the grass. As much as I want to get away the sun is so nice today I let a small smile spread across my face noticing the warmth start to spread across my body.