11. Revelations

This chapter is dedicated to @Sincerelywithlove because she is amazing. I don't know what I would do without her. I wouldn't have gotten this chapter out at all if it weren't for her <3

Zayn's P.O.V

"What's taking Liam so long? You don't reckon Louis and Harry are actually fighting, right?"

I smiled inwardly at Nialler's innocence. He always looked for the best in people. Me, I knew better. I knew that Harry was finally telling Louis the truth about what had gone down at Caroline's and Liam was probably being the nosey git he is and eavesdropping. But you know what they say about eavesdroppers - they never hear anything good.

"Nah, they're not fighting Nialler. We'd know if they were."

"You wanna check on them?" I opened my mouth to protest his actions. "Humour me please. I've got a bad feeling something's wrong." I sighed. "Sure Niall." Why is this boy so hard to say 'no' to? Must be his Irish charm.

Sure, the snarky voice in the back of my mind smirked. And I suppose your heart beating fast is just another side effect of his 'Irish charm'? Shut up! I quickly realised that answering back to myself was nowhere near normal behaviour and hastened up the stairs after Niall where we heard muffled yelling emanating from behind the closed door of Louis' room. I placed a hand on Niall's shoulder, silently telling him to let me go first. Cautiously I eased the door open to reveal a pale faced Liam cowering in front of a furious red-faced Harry who was standing protectively on front of Louis, which was nothing new. Harry was always the more physically aggressive when it came to protecting Louis, (or anyone he loved), whereas Louis was quick to unleash his sass and verbally assault someone in Harry's defence.

But I'd never seen Harry act like this before towards family. Crimson red flushed face spread down his neck, shoulders so tense the muscle rippled underneath, seeming ready to split the taut skin clothing in, eyes blown wide with fury and diluted hatred, red lips spitting vitriol at Liam, who looked a little like he knew he deserved it. What?

Louis looked a little scared and worried. Neither Liam nor Harry had noticed my entrance, though Louis did. I caught his eye, but before I could silently plan a course of action with Louis to calm Harry down, Niall's impatience beat us when he burst into the room, face tight with anxious worry.

At Niall's sudden entrance, Harry turned his wild eyes on us, which I had only had directed at me once before.

Harry had just returned.

Texting me he was coming over in five minutes. I groaned, knowing I was in for it, but it was way too early in the morning for a Harry Styles Scolding.

Everyone thinks that Liam is the one who keeps us in line and chastises us for acting up, when in actuality, it's Harry. He's crazily protective over his loved ones.

True to his word, my doorbell rang exactly five minutes later, the door swinging open to reveal a livid Harry. He was actually visibly shaking with rage.

"Zayn," his voice tight with fury. "Please explain to me why Louis is fragile, skeletal and has sliced his arms, hips and thighs open?!"

I gulped. Yep. Definitely not going to be getting out of this easily. But I was going to damn well try/ "It wasn't like I could do very much if I didn't even know!"

"It was your job to know! I gave you one task while I was gone and that was to make sure Louis was okay. Why do you think I didn't ask you to be my best man? 

Because I knew that it would've killed Louis and I needed you there to take care of him."

"Maybe you shouldn't have left him in the first place."