Part 2

The entire room was filled with cafeteria tables, and each table was filled with people. They were just like us, rescued from their own Maze. It struck me as odd that I'd never even considered the possibility of there being more Mazes. As I talked to people, I found that some had been here for days. Every day, Janson took people from every group to this new and better place. At least, that's what they said.

Then there were some groups who were a little harder to talk to, more private. I stayed away from them just to avoid causing any worry. I met back up with Minho, Newt, Winston, and Fry, who were excitedly talking about everything we'd heard from people.

When Thomas walked into the room, I jogged to him to let him know everything. "Hey!" I smiled at him.

He was happy to see a familiar face and he met me halfway. "Hey, Minx, what's going on?"

"We weren't the only Maze," I said. "Where were you?"

"Mr. Janson wanted to talk to me."

"He questioned you?" I said, surprised. I shouldn't be surprised, but I was. Thomas nodded. "Well, what did Ratman say?"

He gave me an odd, amused look but didn't question me on the nickname. "He asked if I was on Wicked's side."

"Now that you know everything, are you?" I wondered.

He shook his head. "I've lost too many friends to be on their side. Why? Are you?"

"No. Not after everything that's happened." He smiled lightly at me, happy that we were on the same side.

"That's what I told him when he asked about you." His eyes were staring into mine and for a second, I was lost in them. The clean white shirt he wore looked good on him as did his jeans, and I wanted nothing more than to kiss him. And it kind of felt like he wanted to kiss me, too.

Instead, I cleared my throat and looked towards the crowd. Minho and Newt waved to us, so we started to walk over. Thomas and I sat down at our table where a person named David was talking. He was telling us his story with a boy named Edwin. Winston was sitting on the other side of David while Fry sat on the table next to us, leaning into the conversation.

"There was this big, loud explosion, and these guys came out of nowhere. Started shooting up the place."

"It was intense," Edwin said.

"They pulled us out the Maze and brought us here."

"What about the rest?" Newt asked. "The other people left behind in the Maze, what happened to them?"

David shrugged sadly. "I don't know. I guess Wicked still has them."

"How long have you been here?" I asked.

"Not long. Just a day or two. That kid over there." David looked over his shoulder at a kid sitting alone at a table. He was small and frail, wearing his hood up to cover himself, and I felt sad looking at him all alone. "He's been here the longest. Almost a week."

"His Maze was nothing but girls," Edwin said, laughing as if it was silly. The boy happened to look over, catching me staring at him, and he stared back. I gave him a small smile to let him know that I wasn't staring at him to be mean. His eyes blinked away from me and he went back to staring at the table.

Minho sounded surprised that there was a Maze with all girls. "Really?"

David licked his lips, smirking. "Some guys have all the luck." His eyes traveled down to my chest and I sat up to take away his view. Thomas cleared his throat loudly, making David's eyes jerk from my chest.