one

Dream held his boyfriend's hand as the walked down the path of L'manberg. Everything was finally at peace. No wars, no fights, nothing. Just quiet.

That and the constant construction that was going on around this place.

Other than that, it seemed nice to finally be apart of L'manberg again.

The blonde finally started to accept L'manberg back into his life, after all, he did start a relationship with Fundy. Plus, what would be the point to holding a grudge against his own boyfriend's home? His home.

But, some scars were still in the process of healing.

For example: Wilbur was dead, and Tommy was exiled.

Those scars were ones that Dream didn't dare to open up again. Especially Wilbur. He knew that topic was sensitive, it was one of them many bullcrap wars that they went through.

Not only that, but Fundy is Wilbur's son. The speedrunner knew that topic was more sensitive to the fox. So, he swore to himself that he wouldn't bring it up.

Not even in an argument.

"Awh, look at the muffins, Skeppy!! Don't they look so cute?" Bad cooed as he saw the strolling couple walk by.

The blue clothed male let out a small chuckle. "Yeah, they really are. I never thought Dream would move on, especially since.. what happened with George and Sapnap."

"I'm sure he misses them as much as we do. But, he's happy, and I'm glad he is. He's been through enough. Both of them have." Bad smiled, "They're gonna make it to marriage, I know they will."

"Easy Bad, they just started to date a month ago."

"I know! I know." Bad's voice was filled with excitement. "I just.. I'm really happy for them, and I know they're gonna make it through anything!"

"We'll see."

---

Fundy ended up nearly crashing out due to the couple being out all day. Luckily, Dream had noticed this, and was now carrying the fox on his back.

"You're so cute like this, you know?" Dream chimed.

Fundy didn't know if his cheeks were heating up due to the heat of the sun, or becuase he was flustered. He went with the ladder.

"S- Shut up." The fox stuttered tiredly, wrapping his arms gently around his boyfriend's neck.

The hoodied male chuckled at the weak comeback of his boyfriend. Fundy was so vulnerable when it came to exhaustion, and to Dream? That was one of the many things he found adorable.

He loved the fox. He really truly did.

The blonde managed to carry the male back to his base. From the outside, it looked like a basic wooden shack. A basic house. But, it was the inside that was the best.

Dream unlocked the door with one hand, he walked inside and closed the door with the heel of his boot. He then walked over and pressed a button that revealed a staircase.

The male carefully went down the stairs and went through a couple more entrances, to now be in an underground bunker.

Once he got inside his room, the blonde gently laid his now asleep boyfriend on the bed. Fundy's tail wrapped around him instinctively in a blanket like position.

The blonde leaned down and kissed the fox on the head. Cupping his cheek for a second, before getting up and heading to change.

"Dream?"

The green eyed male furrowed his eyebrows at a familiar british accent. He walked over to one of the doors and opened it to see George standing there.

"Yeah?" Dream was shocked to see the british male there. Especially after what happened.

"You forgot this." George handed over a slightly broken pair of diamond boots.

Dream took the worn down shoes. Was this all he came here for? They could've thrown them away, why the hell did George come out all the way here for boots?

"That it?" The blonde asked.

"No. There's a lot of things I wanna say to you." George's voice slightly cracked. "What the hell am I supposed to say to you? You betrayed Sapnap and I! For what? Just so you could win a goddamn war?"

"You know why I left." Dream could feel the scar getting reopened again. The pain of all those memories. "I did it because I had to. It was better for me to leave, I knew if I stayed, I would've killed both of you. You know that."

"We could've fixed it." George crossed his arms over his chest.

"Toxic relationships can't be fixed, George. I should've left after I broke up with you. But I didn't because of mutual respect." Dream then handed the boots back. "You can make the future, but you can't mend the past."

The british male nodded his head. He looked up at Dream one last time, before he turned around and left. No goodbye.

Dream closed the door and locked it. He walked over to the couch and flopped down.

The scar was reopened, and Dream was feeling the most pain he ever felt.

No. He wouldn't let the past consume him. It was the last thing he wanted. He was happy, he was fine. This was just a small bump.

He had Fundy, and that's all that matters.

---