✧SO, DAD, HAVE YOU EVER HEARD OF REGULUS BLACK?✧

LYRA WAS GLAD TO FINALLY be able to go home for the Christmas break. Hogwarts was great, and she loved most of her classes, though she missed her mum and dad greatly and there was only so much of the taunting she could take. 

After Ron Weasley had told her what the word meant, she had a bit of a new perspective on the other Slytherins. 

Of course, this meant it was just from bad to worse.

She also may have formed a small crush. 

But then again, if a first year was saved from a third year, even if he was a red-head, anyone would probably form a crush, so she focused on her studies at all times, sometimes getting glimpses of him, Harry, and the bushy-haired girl whose last name she learned was Granger, in the library.

They obviously didn't notice her.

In fact, she thought that they probably forgot all about their encounters, in the hospital wing and the corridor.

And she was fine with that.

Lyra got onto the Hogwarts Express, remembering that she probably wouldn't be able to sit with Astoria Greengrass again. Harry, Ron, and Granger probably wouldn't welcome her either. After all, they were Gryffindor third years.

She passed a compartment with a girl with Ravenclaw robes and some odd fashion, though decided that she would enter that one as a last resort.

Luckily, she finally found an empty compartment and pulled out her potions textbook, being left alone for the rest of the train ride.

Lyra was glad to say that no dementors entered the train this time, and found the ride actually quite peaceful.

✧✧✧

"MUM!" LYRA RAN TO HER mother who was waiting on the other side of the platform. She looked around to see that her dad was not there, only furthering her suspicions of him secretly being Regulus Black.

"Hi, Lyra! How have you been? I want to hear everything, you were a bit vague in your letters. Do you have any new friends? Who's your favorite professor? What are those dementors? Any boys you like? How-"

"Mum!" shushed Lyra, pulling her mum away from the crowded entrance and trying to get her to keep quiet. It was obvious that Amelia Rogers could get easily excited, which was exactly why Lyra had been waiting to see her in real life rather than trying to explain things over letter.

"Sorry," Amelia shrugged, giving her a small smile which only made Lyra laugh. "I'll wait 'till we get in the car, come on."

Lyra nodded as her mum helped her get her trunk and they headed to the car that was parked outside.

"Where's Dad?" Lyra asked as soon as they had made it in the car, noticing that he was not present.

"Oh, he had some business to do," Amelia said vaguely, before turning the attention back to her questions before.

Lyra had to end up lying a bit about her friends, pretending that Ron and Harry were, and that she was on good terms with Victoria Selwyn, who was probably the nicest out of the group. She might have confessed to liking the ginger, though tried to get her mum to calm down about it. 

Not once had she been able to ask anything about their family history that she wanted to, Amelia had made sure of it. But it was no problem, as they had the whole break.

✧✧✧