✧A HUFFLEPUFF AND A RAVENCLAW✧

LYRA DID NOT SPY on the Golden Trio. She did not stalk them or watch them. But if she just so happened to study in the library at the same time as them, then it was just a lucky coincidence.

Due to these lucky coincidences that kept on happening, she saw that they were clearly in an argument, Granger against Ron, and Harry in the middle. Because of that reason, she decided that she didn't like Granger.

However, whether she liked the bushy-haired girl or not, it was also obvious to anyone who spent a decent amount of time in the library that she was very stressed. Often, Lyra would sit at her table and see her pouring over several different books at the same time, muttering to herself and whatnot.

Lyra had half a mind to go talk to her, but it wasn't her place. She had heard that Granger was muggleborn, but she also acted slightly stuck-up and definitely not as carefree as both of the boys, so she didn't know whether Granger would actually like to talk with her.

It just so happened that the trio of Gryffindors were in the library as Lyra was walking in, and she might not have paid complete attention at where she was going.

She went to the same table everyday, so she knew it like the back of her hand. However, she was not expecting anyone else to be there because of the reasons that she had been sitting alone the whole of first year.

So, she tripped over the leg of the chair that had been pulled out, dropping the textbook and some of her parchment all over the floor. Lyra groaned and rubbed her head, but was quickly brought back to reality as a voice exclaimed, "Oh Merlin's left eyebrow, are you alright?"

The girl, Lyra thought the voice sounded like a girl, was promptly shushed by the librarian, Madam Pince, and she was finally able to get up.

In front of her were two girls, a Hufflepuff and a Ravenclaw, who looked slightly older than Lyra. The Hufflepuff had just looked up from her book, allowing Lyra to examine both of them. The Ravenclaw had been the one to shout out; she was a girl with long blonde hair and green eyes. The Hufflepuff, who now rolled her eyes at the concerned Ravenclaw had light brown hair that was in a short pixie cut, thick-rimmed square glasses that covered her brown eyes, and a couple of freckles right across her nose.

"Alex, she's clearly fine," said the Hufflepuff, narrowing her eyes at Lyra and holding her book in front of her again.

"Yeah," Lyra said, getting up, "I'm sorry, I should have watched where I was going."

The Ravenclaw, who Lyra assumed was called Alex, put on a bright smile and said, "No, don't worry, it's completely fine! I'm Alexandra Lester by the way, but you can just call me Alex." Lyra smiled in return, at least, until Alex's eyes drooped to her tie and she narrowed her eyes as well.

"Um.. I'm Lyra Rogers," Lyra gave a small sheepish smile, hoping that these girls wouldn't be too cruel because of her house.

Alex did a double-take before saying quite loudly, "The Slytherin muggleborn?" The Hufflepuff shushed her again, though started looking at Lyra in a different way as if scanning her, something that Lyra was quite bored of as it happened all the time.

Now that she thought about, stereotypes had said that Hufflepuffs were more outgoing while Ravenclaws were bookish and shy, though it was obviously the opposite with this pair.

"Yeah," she shrugged and blowed a strand of hair out of her face. "S'pose news travels quickly around here."

"Oh, no, don't worry, it doesn't. It's just that our friend has a brother who has a friend who is also her friend that has a friend that loves to gossip."

Lyra raised an eyebrow, as if asking her whether she liked to gossip as well, as that was exactly how it looked like.

"Alex," the Hufflepuff gave a warning glance at Alex, though she continued on. "I'm muggleborn too, but Kiara here's a halfblood and the friend who has the brothers is a pureblood, so we're told we make quite a trio," she then lowered her voice in a conspiring way, "But you're not a blood supremacist are you?"

Lyra's eyes widened in shock. "Wh-No!" she sputtered, "I've got enough people in my house calling me a mudblood as it is."

Alex gave a small squeal and the Hufflepuff, 'Kiara', narrowed her eyes again. "Oh! Sorry, I forgot! Bloody he-"

"Oh no, no, no! It's alright! I get you didn't mean it like that," Alex went into a concerned mode, almost like a mother. She turned to Kiara and leaned close, whispering something in her ear that made her eyes grow wide and immediately frown.

"No, definitely not," she said firmly, but Alex looked at her with pleading eyes, making Lyra even more confused.

"Come on, please! We'd finally finish our squad and -"

"Fine!"

"Yay!" Alex squealed and pulled the Hufflepuff into a big hug, to which she responded with a stiff pat on the back.

Before she knew it, Alex grabbed Lyra's hand and dragged her away in excitement, Lyra stumbling a bit on the way and Kiara following behind them. "Uh- where are we going?!"

She could hear Kiara snort behind her as Alex skidded to a stop. "We're adopting you of course! Wait, would it be kidnapping? I don't think it's kidnapping but I guess we'd need your consent, but we really need a fourth member, preferably Slytherin and black hair, and you're both!"

Lyra was still completely confused about her so-called 'adoption' or 'kidnapping' but Alex continued to run forward until they nearly ran straight into another girl with Gryffindor robes and red hair that looked a bit like Ron Weasley.

"Move it- oh Ginny! Look!" Alex seemed to recognize the girl and shoved Lyra in front of her as if showing her off.

"Alex, what are you doing with a Slytherin?" said the girl named Ginny cautiously.

"She kidnapped her," stated Kiara who had apparently caught up with them, though she didn't look tired at all.

"I did not!" exclaimed Alex, "I adopted her! Look she's a Slytherin with black hair! And a muggleborn so she's not prejudiced!"

"Wha- You kidnapped Lyra Rogers?"

"It's not kidnapping, it's-"

"Um, could someone explain what's going on here?" Lyra brought the attention back to herself, making Ginny and Alex stare at her with wide eyes and Kiara let out a small chuckle.

"I guess you've been kidnapped."

"For the last time, it's not-"

"Yeah, we get it, Alex. Anyway, you have been chosen to join our little trio, or I guess it would be squad if you join," said Kiara boredly.

At this, Lyra slightly brightened up, though she was still slightly confused. "Why me?"

"Well, first of all, you're a muggleborn Slytherin with no friends," Kiara responded bluntly which caused Ginny to elbow her.

"But," Alex cut in, sending a side glare to Kiara, "We were also looking for a Slytherin to join our group since we already have Ravenclaw, Hufflepuff, and Gryffindor... and you have black hair, and we already have a blonde, brunette, and redhead, so it's perfect really!"

Ginny chuckled but nodded in agreement, making Lyra feel a bit more comfortable. "You're a first year, right?" Ginny asked and Lyra nodded. "We're all second years but I recently joined the friend group too so it'll be fine."

"Come on, I was just heading to the library so we can talk there," Ginny said.

"We were just there!" said Alex excitedly and Lyra once again felt herself get dragged off by the enthusiastic Ravenclaw.

✧✧✧

Authors Note:

Oh my god I love this chapter?? New friends! New characters! I'm in love with Kiara and Alex, actually, Lyra's friendships was changed quite a bit while writing. At first, I was going to make her friends with Astoria, then have no friends, and I decided on Kiara, Alex, and Ginny, so stay tuned!

Did I say I love Kiara and Alex?