Chapter 17

Bailee was buzzing from game to game, not even thinking about the tickets that she was winning. We quickly fell into a routine, her playing a game then me collecting her tickets neatly. Bailee and I were in an intense match of air hockey and Chuck E. Cheese himself came out to take pictures and interact with the children.

"Mommy Mommy!!" She whimpered, moving from her end of the hockey table to hide behind my leg.

"It's alright baby." I said while sighing, she has always been terrified of the mouse. I took her into my arms and together we walked back to our table where Demitrey and Trevor were.

"You guys needed a break too?" I asked.

"Nah,Trevor wants me to take a picture of him and Chuck and I'm trying to find my camera." I nod and take a seat with a still whimpering Bailee in my arms. "Is she alright?" Demitrey asked finally noticing Bailee.

"Yeah, she's fine. She's just scared of Chuck." I said with a smile. He chuckled and he was jerked in the opposite direction, Trevor dragging him along. Bailee and I watched as Trevor bravely walked up to Chuck himself and took pictures with him and had a serious conversation on how he believes he deserves more tickets.

"Do you want to go talk to Chuck?" I asked Bailee. She responded with a firm shake of her head and burrowing deeply into my chest. I comforted her; cooing and rubbing her back until she released her tense position. She walked over to trevor and stood behind him, while peeping to get a look at Chuck. I laughed quietly, she was just too curious.

"We have yet to play skeeball." Demitrey said with a devilish smirk on his face. Smiling just as deeply, I responded saying.

"You're totally on." I said. We walked- more like sped walked-to the skeeball game. "I hope you're ready for this butt whooping youre about to get." I said, while putting my token into the coin slot.

'We'll see about that." He said with a smirk as he slid his coin into the slot as well. At first he had the upper hand, effortlessly swinging each ball into the bullseye. After a little warming up, I easily caught up with him resulting in a tie.

"So I guess, we're just equally as good?" I said with a laugh as we walked back hand in hand to the table where the two children were.

"I just let you tie us up." He said teasingly.

"I highly doubt that." I replied.

After cashing in the two children's tickets,they each had enough to buy candy and stickers. We left the building and piled into the car. As we were pulling out of the plaza, small little boutique caught my eye.

"Babe, lets go there." I said, pointing at the store with the bows and soft hand writing.

"Can we go another time?" Demitrey asked, "Just me and you." He added with a smile.

"Okay." I murmured leaning into my seat, fatigue suddenly taking over.

"Are you okay?" Demitrey asked quickly taking notice of my sudden quietness.

"I'm fine, just a little tired is all." I replied softly.

"Are you sure? Do you need anything?" Demitrey insisted.

"I'm fine Demitrey." I snapped, annoyed with his questions. Couldn't he see all I wanted to do was sleep? He said nothing and nodded his head with a knowing smirk on his face.

"I guess the mood swings are kicking in." He said after a moment of silence.

I smiled at that and then my mind drifted to how he could've known that was a symptom. It dawned on me he was married and did have a kid with his previous wife. A wave of anger and irritation-not to mention wild jealousy- suddenly took over. I kept quiet and slid deeper into my seat.

Seeming to be in tune with my emotions, he slid his hand into mine while still keeping his eyes on the road. I snatched my hand away, not wanting to be touched. Courtesy of my new found irritation. He frowned but kept his eyes on the road clenching and unclenching his jaw as well. The rest of the trip consisted of silence and a frostiness that I could blame no one but myself for.

After pulling into my driveway, Demitrey went home with Trevor after a curt conversation regarding when he would come to pick up his things later. I went into the house irritated at myself for being so short with him and irritated at him for taking it so personally. I had obviously hurt his feelings.

I sighed and contemplated what to do, it was only four in the afternoon after all. Bailee was asleep in her room, most likely out until 6 or so. I decided that now is a great time to look through emails and catch up before I have to head over to work in the morning. It's the 28th tomorrow but you know, the work of medicine never sleeps. Im surprised that I got these past couple of days uninterrupted in all honesty.

I didn't know I had fallen asleep until I was being shaken awake by Bailee complaining of hunger. I groggily rubbed my eyes and I stumbled over to the kitchen to see what I could whip up for the both of us.

I decided it was about time I made a legitimate dinner for Bailee and I. And besides, I was i the mood for something that'll leave me satisfied. I settled on Jollof rice and chicken. My mom used to make it for me and my sister all the time when we were younger. My favorite version of it was when the whole family got together for a party and there was plenty of rice to go around. Thinking back to my childhood brought a smile to my face, it's such a shame how everything fell apart.

45 minutes later, there were two plates with the delicious food hot and ready to eat. Bailee chattered to me about how much fun today with Trevor and 'Daddy'. When she said that, my stomach turned in a way that I was sure wasn't the pregnancy. I thought I was on board with the mom and dad thing but I wasn't so sure anymore. Are we moving too fast? Hell, I'm pregnant with his child and we haven't even moved in together. The kids don't even know that they're gonna have a half sibling!

There was so much that we hadn't talked about. What was my birth plan? Where am I going to give birth? Who was my doctor? Where is this baby going to live? I suddenly felt the burden of having a child all over again. Don't get my wrong, I loved the experience of pregnancy and having Bailee but Gavin and I had already had these details planned out to a T. We were ready for her. Not that financially I was wary, I could definitely handle this baby, but mentally I was wary. I went to bed with a heavy heart and mind. I mean what were we going to do?

~~~
Sorry for no updates recently! Hopefully I'll be able to update more! So, I'm trying this new thing were I won't post chapters until I reach a goal. If I get 5 votes and 2 comments on this chapter, I'll update! Let's do itttt! (: