Chapter 7

After picking up Bailee, I walk over to my house. My head was still spinning from what just happened. I couldn't deny it any longer. Demitrey likes me and I'm terrified at the fact that I might genuinely like him back.
**
I nervously drive over to Demitrey's neighborhood, which was a good 35 minutes away. I was pleasantly surprised to see his neighborhood was a replica of mine just smaller. His house wasnt small but it wasnt huge either. It was a cute house. It snowed heavily over night and Bailee was fussing at how bundled up she was.

"Mommy, I too hot!" She whines and squirms as I unbuckle her and set her on the pavement.

"Baby, its cold you have to be warm." I say, sighing at the fact she isnt paying me any mind. She was currently standing with her arms crossed and her face contorted into what was anger. I pick her up and walk up to his front step and ring the door bell.

He was in medium wash jeans and a white v-neck tee. His hair was ruffled and he looked comfortable and relaxed.

"Hey Cheyenne," He says with a warm smile in my direction. When I smile and say hey back he tunrs his attention to Bailee. "And who is this cutie here?" he asks.

"Tell him your name bae" I say to Bailee. She blushes and burrows her head into the crook of my neck. I laugh at her shyness and answer for her. "This cutie's name is Bailee, and she's 4." I say while kissing her hair. She just burrows deeper into my chest.

"Well, shes adorable. Come on in." He says.

As soon I we step in, I felt like I was in a christmas wonderland. There was the smell of pine that permeated the house. In the Foyer, there was a magnificent chrsitmas tree with white lights and muilticolored lights and garland and all the things inbetween that makes a christmas tree a christmas tree. There were decorations everywhere. The first floor of his house loooked like it came straight out of a hallmark card.

*Demitrys POV*

"Your house looks incredible." Cheyenne breathes.

"Thanks, we love christmas around here. Dont we?" I say while sweeping up a hiding Trevor.

"Who might this be?" Cheyenne says with a smile on her face.

"My Name is Trevor and im 4 old years!" He says.

I chuckle and say, "Years old buddy, not old years."

"He's an outgoing one." She says.

"That he is. Trevor and I decided that we would watch The Muppet Christmas Carol. That sound okay?" I asked.

"Yeah, that sounds fine." Cheyenne says.

"I was actually asking Bailee if you dont mind." I say jokingly towards Cheyenne. She just rolls her eyes.

"Is there anywhere we can put our coats? Bailee is swimming in her own sweat." She asks.
"Yeah ofcourse. While I put them away, you three get comfortable in the den. Trevor, will you show them the way?" I say.
When I make my way down to the den, I see Cheyenne talking to Trevor and Bailee.
"What do you want for Christmas?" She asks.
"I want a mommy." Trevor says truthfully. I feel my heart break in pieces. It's been hard on the both of us since Mara left. Especially hard on him. When I was always studying or working long hours at the hospital, they would spend hours on end watching movies and playing games. She was his bestfriend. I couldn't stop her from leaving. I tried, even if she didn't love me she should stay for the sake of Trevor. But she was so far gone, nothing I said would've changed her mind.
I took a deep breath and walked in with the movie. "Who's ready to get this movie started?" I say looking like I was happy when all I really wanted to do is be anywhere but there. Trevor was completely unaware of my listening in on their conversation. But Cheyenne did. She was drilling holes into my forehead. Her head was cocked to the side and she was watching my movement.
"I am!" Bailee and Trevor say at the same time. I popped in the movie and they instantly were drawn to the movie.
"I'll get you guys some snacks. Cheyenne, do you want to help?" I say, knowing she wanted to say something but was at a loss of words.
"Sure." She said standing quickly. I quirked my brow and she ran a hand through her hair and made her way to the kitchen. Well an attempt. She walked left into a closet instead of around the corner.
I grabbed some of Trevor's favorite snacks. "Does Cheyenne have any allergies?" I ask.
"Yeah, strawberries." she says.
"Good thing it's out of season." I say.
"Yeah, I hope you don't mind me asking, but what happened to Trevor's mother?" She asks tentatively.
I take a breath. "She couldn't take the lifestyle medical school was. She couldn't handle me not being home for days. Or me being home but holed up in our room studying. Medical school was what I lived and breathed. Don't get me wrong, I spent time with them,but it was always fleeting. She remarried and moved to California. Trevor misses her like crazy. And I can't deny, I miss her too." I say. I look over to see Cheyenne's eyes training on mine. They seem so calm and caring.
"I know what it's like to love someone when they could careless." She murmurs quietly. I didn't even notice that I had tears rolling down my cheeks. Before I could wipe them away, she was already there gently wiping them away with the back of her hand. She slides her arms around me and pulls close. She murmurs into my chest "It gets better, I promise."
"Hopefully." I say.
"Cheyenne is always right so it will." She jokes. She reaches up and wipes away a stray tear and she kisses me. Surprised but overjoyed that she did, I kissed her back. Her height was a hindrance at the moment, so I lifted her an placed her on the island counter. She wrapped her ankles around my back and pulled me close. I placed my hands on her curves loving the way they felt in her jeans and black sweater. She ran her hands through my hair and tugged at my roots. Surprised by how much I liked that, I moaned her name into her mouth and kissed with more enthusiasm. She kept up with me easily. I moved my lips from her mouth to her neck and relished on her the softness of her neck. She moaned my name. She slid her hands underneath my shirt and rubbed soothing circles. I placed my hands on her waist and slowly slid my hands underneath her shirt and rubbed circles on her hipbones. She had such delicate skin. She gasped and titled her head backwards. She was breathing quickly. After finally realizing where this would end, she gently placed her hands on my chest.
She looks into my eyes to see if I'm upset and I'm surprised that I wasn't. I steps away, needing a moment to calm down.
"I'll bring these down to this kids." She said while pulling down her shirt which somehow made its way half way up her body.
*
**Cheyenne's POV**
As soon as the movie is over, Bailee and I make our way home. Once again my mind was spinning off its top trying to figure out what was going on between Demitrey and I. It was obvious we were attracted to each other. I don't know what had gotten into me when I kissed him. But I couldn't help myself. He was just there. There and gorgeous and ... Shaking my head and pulling into my driveway, I head to my house with a sleeping Bailee. I set her in her room and sat in the couch and took a nap before my best friends came over to hangout.
*
The doorbell woke me up. I padded over to the front door where a shivering Mia and Natalie stood.
"Hey ladies." I say while stifling a yawn. "Is that a pizza I smell?" I ask As soon as I said that, my stomach grumbled.
"Yeah, it is. It took you long enough to answer the door." Said natalie.
"Well excuse me, but I was asleep." I say while laughing. "Have a seat, I'll grab us some wine." I say.
After grabbing the wine and some glasses, I set them on the table. They wait expectantly.
"What? I provided the wine so you pour it yourself." I say.
Mia laughs and says, "Alright who is he."
"What are you talking about?" I say.
Mia turns over to Natalie and they share the same look. "Whenever a guy breaks through that impossibly high wall of yours and shakes you to your core, the bitch in you comes out. Its been like this since high school, keep up Chey." Natalie says.
"It's nobody." I say, not really wanting to have this conversation.
"Then what was yesterday? A night out with a 'friend?'" Mia says accusingly.
I roll my eyes, "That's exactly what it was. You just wouldn't take no for an answer and insisted that it was a date. I don't even know what you mean by 'he' it was one kiss-" I stop myself but I knew it was too late. They instantly attack me with questions. Not before Natalie practically shouts.
"Who the hell is Demitrey and why haven't you told me about him?" She says with an irritated tone.
"One, because it's nothing. He's just a friend, Nothing more. Two, you're always traveling for destination weddings so you never pick up your phone. And three, you live like 45 minutes away." I say.
"This still isn't answering my question. What does he look like?" She asks.
"He's that one guy I was talking to at the Christmas Ball. Remember the guy I danced with?" I say.
"Oh, you mean the one who kept asking me if you were here yet once he found out me and Mia knew you?" She asks questioningly.
"I didn't know that." I say.
"Then yeah I know who he his. Nice guy. Really hot." She says dismissively with a wave of her hand.
"Natalie! You're married!" I say jokingly chastising her.
"Hey, I'm married not old. I know hot when I see it." she says.
"Anyways, kiss? Tell us what happened." Mia says.
Here we go. I thought to myself. "So we went ice skating. After when we were at my house, he kissed me. And I kissed back." I said.
"What do you mean, you "kissed back" like was it innocent kiss or was it a if i could put you on a table and and take you right now I would-" "Natalie!" I said. "It was innocent. The one we shared today though." I say, trailing off.
"There was another one? Chey...." Mia said giving me a tone that said she was worried.
"What was it like?" Natalie asked curiously.
I look away, feeling a blush on my cheeks "I haven't been kissed like that in a while. He lifted me on a countertop." I say.
"I want to meet him." Natalie says.
"I want to get to know him better." Mia says.
I sigh and roll my eyes, knowing that even though I tried my hardest, Demitrey isn't just a "friend" anymore.
*