Chapter 11

After I was sure that Demitrey had left I opened my bedroom door stepped out.
"Oh, good to see you finally left your room. I was getting worried." A drowsy Demitrey said.
I look down at him in his dark wash jeans and light blue dress shirt. I roll my eyes and head towards the stairway. He starts to get up and moved towards me saying,
"Cheyenne, I'm sorry. How can I fix this?" He asks. He gently takes my arm and pulls me to him.
"You stood me up for your ex." I say staring up at him.
"I know, I'm sorry." He says sincerely. "Forgive me?" he asks, looking downward and kissing my hands.
"I don't want to." I say.
"Sure you do. You'll miss me too much." He says, picking me up and spinning me around.
"Oh is that right? I don't think so." I say, while laughing.
"Yes, I know so. I'm sorry Chey, I really am." He says while kissing the top of my head.
"I know. I guess I should forgive you." I say begrudgingly.
"So it really wasn't the dinner huh?" He asks.
"It was a part, but a very small part." I say. "I'm still hungry, but I don't feel like cooking." I groan.
"I got it, go get changed into something comfortable. But can I just say, you looked good tonight." he says, while appraising my outfit with an appreciative once over.
"I guess I did, get to cooking boy." I say and head towards my room. I decided to really get comfortable and take off my makeup. Too tired to take a shower and wash my hair, I put up in a ponytail.

When I came downstairs, Demitrey had taken over the kitchen. Whatever he was cooking smelt wonderful and my stomach grumbled, thinking the same thing. He was wearing an apron that was stashed somewhere in my cabinets and was busy stirring away at something on the stove.
"Smells great." I say.
"Smells great, and it's taste great too. You have a very well stocked fridge for someone who hardly cooks." He says with a smirk.
"For your information, I DO cook! I have a growing daughter remember?" I say jokingly.
"Ah, yes the curly haired angel. Where is she?" he asks.
"She's with Natalie. I'm pretty sure you know her." I say with a knowing smile. I watched as color slowly started to stain his cheeks.
"I have no idea what you're talking about." He says pressing his lips together to keep from smiling.
"Sure you do," I say while walking over to him and smiling my arms around his waist. " Remember the ball? Yeah, Natalie told me all about it." I say, burying my head in the back of his shoulder.
"Doesn't ring a bell." He says with a laugh.
"Yeah yeah, I'll give some slack. I thought it was cute by the way. What're you making?" I ask.
"Honey garlic chicken. With steamed rice." He says over his shoulder.
""That sounds amazing." I say.
"Believe me, it is." He says.
""Confidence much?" I say while smiling widely.
"Always." he says. I stood back and watched him as he cooked.
"See something you like?" He says looking over his shoulder to see me watching him.
"Definitely. Are you almost done? I'm starved."
"Five minutes, I promise." He laughs.

While laughing along with him, I got a cramp cutting my laugh adruptly short. He turns completely towards me now, watching me with concerned eyes.
"You okay Chey?" he asks.
"Yeah, I'm fine. I'll be right back." I walking out of the kitchen with Demitreys eyes drilling holes in my back. I headed towards the bathroom figuring that I would have the most privacy there. I was in my bathroom grabbing a pain reliever, when a pain took over that had me bent over trying to catch my breath. After a few minutes of breathing deeply and evenly, I stand and look at myself in the mirror. I know what's happening. I know it. All assurances aside, I'll give myself some time before I know for sure. I needed to tell someone, before I drove myself crazy. I finished up in the bathroom and went downstairs.

When I entered the kitchen, I see Demitrey setting the table. He was just setting the dishes on the table.
"Great you're here, have a seat lovely." He says taking my hand and leading me to a seat.
"This smells and looks delicious." I breathe.
"Well? Why're you looking at it? Dig in!" He says.
All throughout dinner, we joked and talked. I think I would've enjoyed this better than the actual restaurant.
After dinner, we decided to watch a movie. He chose some random movie about a girl who dreams herself into a snow globe everytime she sleeps and some Christmas miracle happens. I ended up falling asleep not even 15 minutes into the movie.
After what felt like minutes, which actually was an hour, I woke up to Demitrey carrying me up the stairs.
"What're you doing?" I ask groggily.
"Taking you to bed." He says laughing at how unaware I was of everything. I was so exhausted for some reason, I just rested my head on his shoulder. I heard the door being opened and shortly being settled onto my bed. Just as Demitrey was about to leave for the night, I wrapped my arms around his neck and held on.
"Stay." I whispered. He just nodded his and pulled back the blankets and wrapped me in it. Distantly, I hear his shirt and jeans fall to the floor. I felt the bed dip and his warmth enveloped me.
"What's wrong?" Demitrey asks, coming close and wrapping his arms around me.
"Nothing, I just didn't want to sleep alone." I say.
"Try to sleep, okay? You seem tense." He says kissing my hair and getting comfortable.
*
When I woke up, I rolled over to see a still sleeping Demitrey. I took a moment to appreciate how beautiful he really was. His hair was tousled and a messy now, for moving around in his sleep. I looked at all the features that had drawn me to him initially. High cheekbones, perfect nose, full pink lips and vibrant blue eyes framed by thick sooty lashes that were now looking at me.
"Good Morning beautiful." He said, voice still thick with sleep.
"Morning." I say with a smile.
"Did you know that you talk in your sleep? Everytime I tried to let go and roll over to get more comfortable, you would whine and say no and grab at me. You didn't let up to early this morning." he said with a smile.
"Yeah, I've been told. Guess I'm not used to having a partner in my bed anymore." I say looking down.
"Well, it's a good thing that I'm breaking that aren't I?" He says with a smirk on his face. I say nothing and smile. "Well I better head home, I'll call you later today." He says placing a kiss on my cheek and sliding into his jeans and buttoning up his shirt and heading out.

As soon as I heard my front door close, I quickly looked for my phone and and called Mia.
"Hey, what's up?" Mia says over the phone.
"Where are you right now?" I ask.
"Just getting home, Declan has the kids out for the day. What's wrong?" She asks more concerned.
"I need to talk to you in person, how quickly can you get here?" I ask, getting more and more frantic by the moment.
"Ah, I'll have to put the presents away. About 10 minutes?" She says.
"Good enough,I guess." I say.
"Okay, see you in a few." I say hanging up my phone and heading to the bathroom and clean up. As I was just about to finish up combing through my hair, I heard the doorbell ring. I hurried to the front stairs to see a beaming natalie and a very sleepy Bailee.
"Hey Nat." I say, disappointed slightly that it wasn't Mia.
"Hey, we're back!" She says excitedly.
"I've missed my
girl." I say taking Bailee into my arms arms and inviting her in. "What'd you guys do?" I asked curiously.
"We went and saw christmas lights and she hung out with my girls. She loved it. Speaking of Christmas lights, are you still coming to our Christmas Day party? We would love to see Bailee again. I mean you'd be cool to see too." She says excitedly.
"That's great. I totally forgot about that, yeah ofcouse. Hey, do you have a minute?" I ask.
"Awesome! I can't wait to see you on Thursday! Yeah. Hubby has the girls." She replies.
"Natalie, you can just say Peyton you know." I say with a roll of my eyes.
"Yeah I know, but where's the fun in that? Anyways, why?" She says.
"I need advice." I said simply.
I heard Mia ringing the doorbell and I opened the door.
"Hey, I came here as quickly as I could. What's wrong?" She asks.
"Let me set B down and then we'll talk. Get comfortable, you'll want. to sit for this believe me." I mumble underneath my breath.
After setting Bailee down in the the other living room, I joined the two ladies in the main area.
"What's wrong?" Both women said at the same time.
"I'm pregnant." I said.
*
MERRY CHRISTMAS! 🎄