Chips and Cherry Blossoms

This is really bad...I can't be a candidate of a huge election if my grades keep slipping...

Mathematics have always been my greatest weakness. When it's applied to other things such as gambling, or doing my own research.

BUT NO GRADE IS WORTH SUCH STRESS AND PSYCHOLOGICAL TORTURE!!!

Ah well. In that case, why do I even care about winning this election?

Why is luck so against me?

It's like, every time I try to fail or run away from it all, I end up winning more than I can hold.

Maybe now's my chance to finally lose this election.

"Maybe there's a way to redeem yourself." I found myself say. My mouth was thinking faster than I could change my mind.

"Hm?" Kaede looks up from drinking his tea. "What's with that face, love? Are you alright?"

A shadow recedes from my eyes after registering his voice, "Huh? Oh. I'm  just a little conflicted. I'll be fine. Anyway", I continued, "I was wondering if you'd be okay with this..."

I opened up my notebook to reveal my previous tests notes, and logged into my phone to pull up screenshots of my grades.

After a few moments of my fiance looking through my tests while sipping his tea, I handed him my phone for him to look at my screenshots.

"Mnh-! PFFFT"

"Alright, I get it." I vexed while he recovers from choking in his tea.

"You want me to do your homework for you?"

"What? No, you shouldn't have to. I just wanted to know if you'd be okay with helping me with my math." I lifted my own cup of tea to my glossy lips.

"Oh..."

"No, I'm not spoiled. I just need assistance that's all." I hate asking for help. Why am I doing this to myself?

"I'd love too." Kaede hums gently.

"Really? You're alright with that?"

"Of course, love." A kind smile graces his features.

"...Thank you..." a warm hue rises in my cheeks whilst taking another sip of tea.

♤♡◇♧

After the school session ended, I left my seat to open the window and let the fresh air in.

It smells sweet of nectar, crisp yet smooth. I pearched my arms on the bottom pane and let the cool breeze fill my lungs.

I lost track of time, having no idea how long I've been at the window, once someone's finger tip slowlypoke into my cheek which was warm from the sun's soft rays.

"Hmn?" I turned around to see Ryota and Mary. "Oh hi guys."

"For a second I thought you died in that position." Mary  comments.

"Are you still mad because I numerously refused to gamble with you? Let that shit go already. Grudging ages you faster." I sighed, "Anyway, what's up?"

"There's another gamble assembly that you've been invited to." Ryota replies.

"Oh. Were you invited too?"

"Yeah. Well, Yumeko invited me." Ryota slightly blushed from mentioning her.

Aw...

"I'm guessing she invited you too?" I tease lightly.

"Mhm." She rolls her eyes.

"Alrighty then! Let's go!" I grab my satchel and my uniform jacket and strolled out with the two trailing behind me.

Once I got there the auditorium was bustling with excited fans.

"I hope you guys got front seats!" I raised my voice over the chatter, "I'm gonna go sit with the council!"

"Wait you're not sitting with us?" Ryota asks, mildly confused.

"I'm a student council member." A cheerful smile brews my cheeks.

Their faces turn blank in response.

They must've forgotten since I'm the nicest member of the council, and candidate of the election.

But they don't know that I'm also the ambassador of the Welcoming communitie.

I wave off and head to the row farthest from the stage, where the rest of the members were sitting.

"Hi." I sat next to Yuriko. "How much did I miss?"

"Actually it hasn't started yet." She flashed a small smirk.

"Huh. Right on time I guess." I mumbled.

I'm an idiot for thinking this, but I wish  Kaede was here.

That was when a cool soft hand shakes over the dorsal of mine, "You miss him, don't you?"

This shook me to my very core. I had no idea when she'd arrive. "Yeah..."

"Chin up, darling." She murmurs, "The show is about to start."