Over the years.

"I want that one!" Cried Amelia as she danced around her bedroom in a pink sparkly dress.
"Ok,ok sit in front the chair baby girl, papa will put them in your hair." Paul tried to corral his bouncy little girl to sit so he could
Put the red ribbons in her hair.
"I don't wanna sitttt!" Amelia whined, still continuing to twirl in circles in her pretty dress.
"Amelia," Paul sat in the armchair.
"If you want the ribbons in your hair you have to let papa put them in. Now sit in front of me or papa is leaving and you get no ribbons!" Paul declared.
Amelia instantly stopped spinning in circles and looked utterly shocked at Paul.
Hearing the very words of no ribbons in Amelia's beautiful long hair coerced her into sitting nicely on the floor in front of Paul so he could tie the ribbons through her bouncy locks.
"Thank chu, papa" Amelia mumbled quietly when he told her she could jump back up.
"I want more ice cream!" Amelia started spinning once more.
"You can have some more later. I think you have had enough for now." Paul stood up, putting the hairbrush back into the dresser he turned to look at Amelia.
"Let's go downstairs, your friend will be here soon" Paul said.
"No!" Amelia stomped her foot.
"I don't wanna!" she growled.
"Fine, well papa is going downstairs to find daddy you stay here then." Paul informed his stubborn little girl.
Daniel was getting some lunch ready and snacks for Amelia's play date. He had the radio on and was singing along to it as Paul walked in.
"You ok babe?" Daniel asked cheerily.
"Yes dear, Amelia seems to have an abundance of energy today." Paul tells his husband. He goes to lovingly stand behind Daniel. Reaching his hands round Daniels torso they dance a little swaying back and forth.
"Yeah I spoke to her last night. She's been acting up ever so slightly the last couple days. She's scared we are going to get bored of her. I think she is scared because it's her birthday coming up. She just needs lots of love and her boundaries firmly in place." Daniel soothed Paul.
"Hmm, if she keeps behaving the way she is she's going to get a spanking!" Paul tells Daniel.
Daniel laughs lightly turning around to look at his husband.
"Aha can you even remember the last time you spanked her?!" Daniel asked.
Paul scratches his head in thought.
"I think it must have been a couple of Christmas's ago when she had the major tantrum about not going to sleep for Santa to come." Paul admits.
Daniel laughs again.
"That was a great Christmas." Daniel comments.
Both men stay quiet reminiscing on the good times they have shared with Amelia.
It has been five years since Amelia came into the men's life. For Daniel, it still felt like yesterday. Every day he shares with Amelia is like falling in love with her over and over again. Paul loves her just the same, except maybe on the days she is bouncy and demanding.
The little family have shared an abundance of memories and experiences. They have a life worth living now. None of them could be happier. Especially Amelia, she came from nothing. Learnt to survive on her own. Not wanting from anyone. Now, she has two parents who dote on her every move. She learnt a very hard way to accept their love and care. Although she is thankful that she learned, there are small parts of the precious little girl that are eating away at the life she could be living without the men abducting her.
"Daddy!" Amelia cried as she ran down the stairs, bombarding into the kitchen.
"No running in the house Amelia! You will get a time out if I have to tell you again today!" Paul reprimands. He already reminded Amelia of that rule three times today.
Amelia sticks out her tongue at her angry papa and jumps at Daniels feet.
Paul quietly seethed walking away from the cheeky girl.
"What's so important that you are having to break rule to come and talk to me squish?" Daniel picks his girl up and places her on his hip.
"Is there a fire?" Daniel asks curiously. No hint of anger in his voice.
"No daddy" Amelia says innocently.
"Ok then, so we don't run unless there is an emergency right?" Daniel asks once more.
"No run daddy" Amelia answers putting her finger in her mouth sucking it.
"Good girl, what is it that you wanted squishy?" Daniel bounces her up and down slightly on his hip.
"Papa said I can have ice cream!" Amelia bursts out. Trying to wriggle out of Daniels arms.
"Are you sure?" Daniel turns around to look at Paul who was sat at the little breakfast bar on his phone.
"I most certainly did not say such things." Paul sounds shocked.
"Yuh uh!" Amelia accuses.
Daniel struggles to hold Amelia as she wriggles too much in his arms. He gently sets her on her feet.
"Ice cream! Ice cream! Ice cream!" Amelia stomps her foot.
"I told her maybe she could have more ice cream later." Paul explains to Daniel.
"Yeah! And is later now!" Amelia shouts.
"Amelia!" Daniel gasps.
"Indoor voices please." He tells her.
Amelia huffs and throws herself on the floor in temper.
Over the years she has gotten better at the tantrums she throws.
Rolling on her back on the cold kitchen floor she takes her shoes off her feet and launches them across the room and starts kicking and screaming about the ice cream she very much desires.
"I'm going to take her upstairs to calm down" Daniel tells Paul.
"Let Harriet and her mommy in when they knock! They'll be here any minute." Daniel calls as he walks through the house with a screaming and kicking Amelia over his shoulder.
Daniel takes Amelia to the second bedroom next to her own. Although it doesn't have a bed in, nor anything that would make it look like a bedroom at all.
With completely soft padded floor and walls. A few beanbag chairs and soft spongy colourful blocks sprawled across the room. Daniel plonks Amelia in the middle of the room and sits by the door.
"Once you are calm and stop screaming we will talk." Is all Daniel states calmly. He fishes out his own phone and scrolls through it waiting for Amelia to calm down.
She is still screaming and declaring she hates everyone. Real tears stream down her rosy cheeks, her little nose running all snotty.
All she wanted was ice cream. Her daddies are the worst she screams over and over.
It has been a very long time since either of the men have used the time out room for Amelia, normally she never gives the men much trouble. She is easy to coerce and negotiate with on most days.
With all littles though, they are not little all the time.
Daniel worries that Amelia is using her little headspace to lash out and tantrum because of adult worries she is having. He hopes to get to the bottom of it soon so he can have his happy little girl back!
Daniel hears Harriet and her mommy, Jennifer arrive downstairs.
"Squish, your friend is here! Let's take some deep breaths and calm yourself down. You don't want Harriet to see you all sad now do you?" Daniel looks over to Amelia who is laying on her tummy slumped over a beanbag.