Chapter Forty Six: Falling

JOIIIIIN OUR DISCORD GROUP :)

https://discord.gg/7FZ3mB9X

"No Dream it's on your nose."

"Here?"

"No."

"Here?"

"Dream no, oh my Lord." George scolded, holding the demon still so he could wipe the clump of buttercream off Dream's nose. He'd been right in thinking it would be about as chaotic as the cake making.

It was supposed to be a cream cheese frosting but they had no cream cheese so they were just making buttercream instead, and of course Dream had added way too much butter so they then had to add more icing sugar etc, so now they had far more icing then they knew what to do with, and the blonde was still finding ways to get himself covered in it.

"Why thank you Georgie." Dream replied, glad he was no longer covered in food before going back to smooshing the buttercream together with a spatula. They'd managed to get it from being way too runny to now to somehow too thick. They both knew however if they tried to edit it anymore they'd probably just fuck it up and would end with at least a kilo of buttercream, something George would rather not have.

"Okay so now we just spread it in between layers, and then we whack some on the top, aaaand it's done!" George explained to Dream as he brought the bowl over to where the cakes had been cooling.

"You know what, it doesn't actually look thaat bad." The demon observed as they assembled the cake together. It wasn't a culinary masterpiece or anything because, well, remember who's cooking it. Yet when assembled, a small sprinkle of walnuts on the top and a whooole lot of buttercream on the sides, you could say it looked pretty decent.

"It could have looked better if we hadn't put half the ingredients on eachother." The human joked though neither of them were really mad about it or anything, to be honest it had just made the process unfathomably more fun.

"Could have, question is though... is it edible?"

At this realisation the two looked between each other and the cake. Most of the ingredients had either been on them or the counter, and the rest of it they were bound to have messed up somehow anyway.

"You know what Dream, how about you try it first." George suggested, pushing the blonde towards the cake.

"What?!? Why me?"

"Hmmm maybe because you've already died so it doesn't matter if it happens again." The brunette teased.

"You wound me." He shot back. "You wouldn't cope without me."

"Oh yes, I'd be lost without you wouldn't I Dream. Whatever would I do." George joked, watching as Dream grabbed a fork and tried the cake.

"Wait." Dream said, pausing as he swallowed the cake, George eying up his phone, wondering if he needed to call an ambulance or something. "Wait why is this actually really good." He continued with a laugh, the brunette relaxing as he realised the demon wasn't going to just collapse in his kitchen.

"Hey at least cut a slice instead of just taking forkfuls." George scolded with a shake of his head as he got a knife to cut the cake, narrowing his eyes as the other picked the cake up and out of his reach. "Dream."

"What? You clearly didn't want any when you thought it was poisonous so why should you want any now?" He replied with a smirk, holding the cake only further out of the shorter's reach.

"Oh come on Dream." George whined, refusing to try jump up at it and get it, no, he wouldn't give the blonde that satisfaction.

"If you want some, you have to come on a walk with me tonight." The demon bargained with a smirk as George just looked on confused.