Look at me

A's sobs filled the room. B's hands were gently holding down his shoulders, trying not do anymore damage. His eyes were threatening to burst and cry a new river at the sight of his best friend's wounds. Another bang of metal and A's cries filled the room once. Every sob followed by the small 'plink' of bloody metal being slowly set on the ground and a small hiss of sympathy from B. A suddenly turned his panicked, tear-stained face to B, looking his unusual blue and amber eyes with his caring, jade ones. The arctic blue eyes hide so much pain and agony. It made B want to hug him and hide him from the cruel, harsh world. 

"Just keep looking at me, A. You doing everything just right. Keep your eyes on me, I know, I know- it hurts but your doing great! It's going be ok, after all this is over, you can stay with me for as long as you need. I'll protect you, I'm promise, ok? Just keep your eyes on me, focus on my voice. Stay with me, please."

A nodded weakly, trying to pull his bleeding lips into a smile. He squeezed his eyes shut as tightly as possible in a attempt to hold back the inevitable tears already leaking out the sides. A warm, comforting hand wrapped protectively against his.

"C is almost done, I promise. It will be over soon..."

With a final clunk, C announced that he was done and left the room in a rush. B's friendly arms invited A into a tight embrace. For hours they sat on the mildly uncomfortable bed, A silently sobbing into his shirt. After many quiet, understanding hours, A's very sore vocal cords spoke softly.
"P-please don't l-leave me....." His voice sounds rough from sobbing and screaming.
"Oh A, why would I ever leave?"
"Because .... because I'm stupid and pathetic and-"
"A! Who told you that bullshit? You are not stupid and certainly not pathetic!" A flinched, past events flickering in his mind, drowning him in a sea of past trama. 

"Oh my god, A. I'm so sorry for shouting. It was at Villain, not you. It's ok... its ok..."