Juzo

Juzo's sides ached.  He had had broken ribs before, but he never got over how painful they were. 

 But he was riding in a car beside the love of his life, and that was all that mattered.  The windows were down and Kyosuke was laughing at something he had said.  Everything was perfect.

"I love you!" Kyosuke shouted, not caring if anyone heard him.  

Juzo beamed, shouting back at Kyosuke as the wind rushed around him. 

"I love you more!"

The music blasted as they drove down the highway, making their way to Hope's Peak Academy.  Juzo had no clue what he was going to do if he got Chisa beating him up on camera.  He probably wasn't going to sue her or anything like that, since he'd have to give a reason why she hurt him, and he wasn't completely read for the whole world to know that he was gay.

They pulled into the school, the mood instantly changing.  They had to be serious now, if anyone caught them being romantic with each other, their careers were over.  

They walked into the school's security building and went straight to work, flipping through all of the files until they found that day's tapes.

"Juzo."

"Hmm?"

"I found it."

Kyosuke got up from crouching over a box and put the tape into the video player underneath the monitors.  Soon, the tape filled all 9 screens and started.  The cameras went for 24 hours a day, so they had to fast forward it until the end of the work day.

"There's Chisa-" said Juzo suddenly, making Kyosuke almost jump.

Kyosuke looked where Juzo was pointing, and sure enough, Chisa was walking along the same route as Juzo, a few feet behind him.  

It was clear what they were seeing.  They were going to get proof.

They watched the entire fight through.  Well, Kyosuke watched the fight and Juzo watched Kyosuke's reactions.  He mostly winced.

"Do you want to record it?  Just in case you decide to take legal action?"

"Sure.  I don't really feel like suing her or anything, but it could be useful if she ever tried to do something stupid to either of us."

"Mhm, good thinking."

Kyosuke recorded the video and make a copy of it for them, and then they left.  It was a weekend, so they didn't want to stay there any longer than they needed to.  

"Hey, remember how we were going to go to that Italian restaurant?"

"Oh yeah, I kinda forgot about that. Heh."

"Well, we could go now.  If you wanted." said Kyosuke.

"That would be great."

"Its not exactly evening yet, so we could go back to my place for a bit?"

"Why not?" Juzo smiled over at Kyosuke. "I don't think I've ever been to your house since you remodeled it.  What's it like?"

"You'll see..."

Juzo laughed with Kyosuke, feeling a warm, fuzzy feeling in his stomach.

They drove back to Kyosuke's house holding hands and gossiping about their coworkers.  Who was dating who, who was cheating on their wife, etc.  Somehow they had a lot of stories to tell.

Kyosuke pulled into his driveway, parking the car and getting his keys out.  He had a good amount of money, unlike Juzo, so Juzo didn't really know what to expect when he walked inside.

He definitely wasn't expecting a multitude of plants or a whole wall that also served as a bookshelf.  

"Woah, this is the opposite of what I thought your house would look like-"

"Do you not like it?" Kyosuke visibly got upset at this.

"No, I love it!  I just thought you'd have something really rich and modern, I dunno.."

"Oh, I see."

Juzo noticed that there was a guitar hanging on the wall.

"Can I play this?"

"Hmm? Oh, the guitar? Yeah!  I don't think I've ever heard you play."

"I used to play the guitar a lot, I just got out of playing it.  I should be able to remember everything, though."

Juzo tuned the guitar and started playing a song. It was Mayonaka No Door, or Stay With Me in English.  It was one of Juzo's favorites.  He played it slowly because he hadn't played in a long time.

The music floated through the room, just like magic.  Kyosuke loved it.  

"Show window ni futari utsureba

Stay with me...
Mayonaka no door wo tataki
Kaeranaide to naita ano kisetsu ga ima me no mae
Stay with me...
Kuchiguse wo ii nagara
Futari no toki wo daite mada wasurezu
Daiji ni shiteita"

Juzo's low voice and the higher pitched guitar blended beautifully and Kyosuke was absolutley enamored.  He wanted to stay like this forever, just listening to the guitar and Juzo's voice.