Juzo

"I think I love you, Kyosuke."

Juzo paced in front of his mirror, practicing what to say. It was 5 AM, and he was stressing out over Kyosuke Munakata. Again. He had to come out now. No going back, no saying it was a joke or saying nothing at all. This time it was different, and it was all because of that bitch named Junko Enoshima.

She had knocked him down because he wasn't watching where he was going. She then placed the heel of her boot into his temple and said something he thought he would never heart out loud.

"I know who Juzo Sakakura loves! It's his deepest, darkest secret! The person Juzo loves is... Chisa Yukizome!"

Juzo had sighed, thinking he was in the clear.

"No, no, no. That's not right!" She giggled, "The person Juzo actually likes is... drumroll please! Kyosuke Munakata!

She blackmailed him for being gay. She actually did that. And honestly, Juzo wasn't too happy with her for it. She had already told Kyosuke about him, but Juzo wanted to tell him anyway. Before he told Kyosuke about being gay for him, though, he was going to give him all of the information he had on Junko Enoshima and get her thrown in jail. That is, if Kyosuke even let him in his office.

Juzo took a deep breath and stepped out of his apartment. It was now 6:30 AM, and he had to walk to Kyosuke's office, which woukd take him a half an hour. He wanted to catch Kyosuke before work started, and he knew Kyosuke always came in early.

"Man up, Juzo. You beat practically all the boxers in the world, and you can't come out? Jeez." Juzo walked down the hallway and stepped into the elevator, waving hello to the two other people in the elevator. Juzo tended to intimidate people, so he did his best to be polite whenever he could.

Juzo was almost to work and he started to break out in a nervous sweat. He kept telling himself to relax, but if this went the wrong way, he could lose his best friend. Juzo stepped up to knock on the door and... He couldn't do it. He didn't want to lose his best friend, even if that meant not being able to be with him the way he'd always wanted. But in order to tell Kyosuke about Junko, he also had to be ready to tell him about himself.

Juzo knocked once, twice, three quick raps on the door, then stepped back and waited for Kyosuke to open the door. The door swung open and-

"Oh, hey, Juzo!" Chisa opened the door? Well, the confessing will have to wait 'till later, thought Juzo.

"Ah, Juzo, come in! So, have you found anything on the report about who might've started this mess?"

"Actually, I found a lot of evidence that proves Junko Enoshima to be the mastermind."

"I found that too!" Exclaimed Chisa. She was obviously showing off, but she had that right as Kyosuke's girlfriend. Juzo wanted to be in her shoes so badly.

"As did I." stated Kyosuke, "I will let the detectives working the case know immediately. Chisa, you may go, but I need to have a word with Juzo."

He probably wants to know if what Junko said about me is true, thought Juzo. Well, it is.

"Give me one minute, Juzo, and I'll be right there."

"Alright, man. Take your time."

Kyosuke was on the phone for an hour. Juzo's mind raced, trying to figure out what he was going to say. Juzo was mindlessly scrolling through his phone when a voice startled him out of his haze.

"Junko Enoshima came here yesterday. She had some interesting news..."

"Did she?" Juzo's heart was beating a mile a minute.

"Are you going to say it or do I need to? Juzo, do you... Have a "crush" on me?' Kyosuke made air quotes in the air.

"I- uh... Yeah. I've liked you for a while now. You just- you're everything that I could ever want or need. You're perfect to me, Kyosuke. And I know that me saying this and you being with Chisa is going to make this weird but-"

"Juzo, I- That's the nicest thing anyone's ever said to me."

"I know and I- Huh?"

"Not even Chisa has said that I'm perfect. Thank you."

"Oh, uh.. You're welcome, I guess?"

"And Juzo, I like you too." Kyosuke smiled, walking around his desk to put his hand on Juzo's shoulder.

"Oh... I guess I figured I'd never make it this far. But, what about Chisa?"

"She knows. And she's not too happy, but she'd rather see this than me cheating on her, so it works."

"Oh... Are we... official?"

"If you want to be." Kyosuke winked at Juzo, showing a side that he never showed to anyone.

"Uh... Kyosuke, do you wanna get something to eat tonight? At the Italian place?"

"That would be lovely."

"See you at 7 then!" Juzo flinched at how excited he sounded.

Kyosuke just smiled at him. Juzo was obviously out of his element, but Kyosuke acted like he belonged.

Juzo's day whizzed by, patrolling the grounds and making sure no press or normal people got into the academy. It was a pretty useless job, but it paid well, and in Juzo's case, it paid off in getting himself a date. All Juzo could think about was Kyosuke and their date that evening.

As Juzo was walking home, he spotted Chisa, who looked like she was waiting on him.

"Hiya, Juzo! I heard you asked out Kyosuke!"

"Well, it was more like he asked me out, but basically, yes."

"Well, I have a little congratulations gift for you!" Chisa was hiding something behind her back, and Juzo assumed it was some sort of pride flag or novelty gift that friends would get each other, "It's this!"

Chisa revealed that she was wearing a set of spiked brass knuckles behind her back.

"Chisa, whatever you're thinking, we can fix this. Don't make me hurt you."

"We really can't fix it, Juzo. You took the most important thing in my life."

Chisa threw all of her might into the punch and landed it with a sickening crunch.

Juzo fell onto the ground, breathless. Chisa's punch hurt. Brass knuckles really make a difference, thought Juzo. He coughed, and blood fell into his hands. He suddenly felt lightheaded.

The last words he heard before his vision went black was "Juzo!" yelled by Kyosuke along with pounding footsteps hurrying towards him.