- Aphrodi x Reader : Meant it

OHOHOHO the day has finally came for me to emerge from the depths if writer's block.

Ive been stuck in it for a year lmao. so sorry for the long wait- I just felt unmotivated from time to time ahsjsjd

anyways enjoy <3

requested by: -shipsahoyy

--------

"I meant every word."

I was just reading a book on the benches, watching my teammates play. To be honest, I wasnt exactly amused at the moment. I kept on trying to convince Aphrodi to let me play, but he kept on giving me that "No" look.

Apparently a few days ago, I got into an accident with my cat, Fury. Fury and I had some... arguements.

So basically, I woke up in the morning with him on my bed and he was meow-ing a lot then usual. After that, he suddenly scratched me out of the blue.

Like, what did I ever do to him?

Either way, he scratched my right arm really bad, until I had to wrap my hand into a mummy. And maybe a few days later, i might of sprained my ankle during a play.

Anyways, I was just sighing, flipping through the pages of an interesting book that Aphrodi gave me. I didnt see why I couldnt play, I mean. You arent suppose to use your hands when you're playing unless you were a goalkeeper, but.. then there's my ankle.

Once Zeus was on break, the blonde decided to sit next to me. This was my chance to convince him to let me play. I mean, I'll be just fine, playing. My ankle is getting better anyways.

"Aphrodi-"

"NO, Y/n."

"B-B-BU-BU-BUT I HAVENT EVEN-"

"NO. I cant risk you getting hurt again. If your ankle is sprained then its final. You gotta rest. Trust me, you'll feel better once you get enough rest, Y/n."

"B-But Aphrodi!-"

Before I could proceed... he pulled me into a tight hug all of a sudden.

"A-Aphrodi.."

"Look. Y/n.. you are an important member of this team and you are also really important to me. I dont want you to get hurt again like last time. Please, Y/n. Just rest for me. And for you of course.."

I shrugged and nodded at him with a nervous smile. Aphrodi's never been this close to.. softening his gestures.

He's not rough at all, but he's always let out this arrogant and graceful exterior, something that amused me I guess.

He'd always show off his hair and how fabulous it looked, something he's always been weirdly obsessed with.

Although, his soft interior.

That was something that wasnt usually seen that often.

I hugged him back and smiled warmly to myself. It felt nice.. to be like this. I sighed satisfyingly and hugged him tighter.

"Its nice to know.. that you care about me this much, Aphrodi..." I smiled at him softly.

"Of course I do. Tell you what.. why dont we hang out later at your place? BUT, if you dont wanna, its o-"

I nodded at him with a gleeful smile.

"Kay."

I hugged him again and smiled warmly at him. I giggled a bit at his shocked and dumbfounded face.

"So, this'll be a date?"

"A date."

Silence filled the atmosphere for awhile. It got kinda of awkward between us at this point.

'It was... kinda cute to see Aphrodi like this.
W-WAIT. WHAT AM I THINKING! C-Cute?
Y/n, YOU HAVE TO KEEP IT TOGETHER-'

He wrapped his arms around me again, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Y/n...."

"Y-Yes...?"

"You do realize that you said all of that out loud, r-right?.."

"The part where I called you.. cute?"

"The part where I called you cute- I-I MEAN THE OTHER WAY AROUND!"

My face heated up for a moment there. Oh my Afuro. I literally just called him cute... out loud. And then.. and then, HE called me cute. It was on accident though.

He wouldnt call me cute anyway. What would a guy like him see in a dork like me?-

"Hm? What was that?..." "OH! N-Nothing!" He smiled softly at me with that flower aura going around him. "Eh.. okay then."

'How can someone be this soft-'

"Oh! Gotta get back to practice, Y/n. Cant wait for the date. Ciao!" He smiled warmly at me as I felt my heart skip a beat at that.

t i m e s k i p

I was just watching tv in my room, enjoying my chips since my fridge looked really sad downstairs.

And when I mean sad, I mean that it's literally empty. The only thing that I had at the moment were chips, sushi, and prunes. Oh! And some, karton of milk -

*ding dong*

"AH! That must be Aphrodi! Okay! Calm down Y/n, you've known him for a long time so - GAH. WHY AM I EVEN STANDING HERE AND NOT OPENING THE DOOR?!-"

I sighed and walked to the door, nervously opening it.

"Hey, Aphrodi-"

As I opened the door, Aphrodi was nowhere in sight. When I wanted to take a look outside, I nearly tripped on something that I stepped on.

It was a piece of paper.

'Dear Y/n. If you're reading this right now.. then let me just get started and give you clues on where i am. But first.. go take a look at the bush to your right.'

"What? Oh well, if he says so.."

I trotted down the short stairs and started rummaging through the bushes like a barbarian, till I found a small box.

Despite the leaves, it still looked good as new. I opened it and found a few mini chocolates, plus another note. I couldnt help, but giggle at how "romantic" he was at this point.

'If you think the chocolates were adorable, then they dont even compete with you.'

And after that moment, I felt warm arms wrapped around me. I glanced over to see Aphrodi, laying his head on my shoulder.

"Hey, Y/N." He said with a sly smirk.

I felt my face heat up as he chuckled at me. "H-Hey, Aphrodi-" Honestly at this moment, what was I even suppose to do.

"C'mon, lets go inside. Promised we would hang out." He chirped as he took me by the hand, back inside, but before that, he looked back at me with a sincere look on his face.

"Y/N."

"W-What?"

"I meant everything I wrote in those notes." He smiled warmly, before kissing me on the forehead softly.

And just like that, I knew that this was the start of an lovely relationship.

----------

wow i come back and my writing style still hasn't changed ahaha.
welp hope y'all enjoyed it
have a nice day minna <3