Chapter 2: The Stupid Twin Story

I knocked on the open door making the teacher turn to look at me as I stood at the door with an awkward smile.

I swear, this is the worst part of being new to a school!

"I am new here. And according to my schedule, I have chemistry with..." I trailed off as I looked down at the schedule in my hand. "Mrs. Sandy Krampe?" I asked as I looked up at the old teacher.

She smiled at me but I could see just how fake it was. This teacher looked a little older than my own parents but she wore a tight short dress as if she was trying to look young. I immediately knew that I wasn't going to like her very much.

But I smiled at her. I believed that we should never judge a book by it's cover. I shouldn't judge this teacher that fast. She might be someone amazing who had some kind of clothing shortage and had to borrow one of her daughter's dresses.

"Ah! Yes, they told me about you." The teacher said as she motioned for me to enter. I smiled awkwardly as I entered the classroom. I knew that everyone was staring at me but I kept looking at the teacher. "Ms. H-" The teacher started but I interrupted her.

"I would appreciate it if you would call me Penelope rather than by my last name." I said before she could say my name. She looked a little irritated but she maintained her fake smile on her face.

"Alright, Penelope. You can take a seat anywhere you want." She said. I smiled at her before turning to look for a seat. I found two empty seats. One was next to a serious looking dark haired handsome guy and the other was next to a brunette haired girl.

Now, if it were any other situation, I would have taken the seat next to that girl without a second thought. But that girl was sitting next to the same guy whose arm I twisted in the hallways just a few minutes ago. And they looked like they were pretty close friends. So, I opted to sit next to Mr. Tall-Dark-and-Mysterious.

"Ms. Penelope, why were you late to class? Who was supposed to show around school on your first day?" The teacher asked as I took out my notebook from my bag. I looked up at her to see her glaring at the other students in class as if she'll kill them if I took their name.

"Actually, ma'am, I got lost and I had requested to have no one assigned to show me around so it took me a while to find the class." I told her, truthfully. "I am sorry for being late." I added. The teacher gave me a fake look of concern.

"Do you want me to assign someone to show you around, dear?" Mrs. Krampe asked. I wanted to roll my eyes at her stupidity but I controlled myself and smiled at her.

"That won't be necessary, ma'am. But thank you." I said in a polite tone. I really just wanted the class to start even though chemistry was never one of my favourites. I just wanted the attention off of me now.

"It won't be a problem, dear. You can tell me if you want any help." The teacher insisted. I knew for a fact as to why she was being so nice to me. She wasn't doing out of the goodness of her heart. She was doing this for her own selfish reasons.

"I said, I don't want anyone to show me around!" I exclaimed. I took a deep breath to calm myself when I heard gasps from the students around me. "I am sorry for being late. It won't happen again." I told the teacher. I could see that she was clenching her jaw in anger but she didn't say anything. She just nodded her head.

She sighed before putting a scowl on her face as she started the lesson.

❣💕❣💕❣💕❣

"He's an idiot! I hate him!" I heard a voice exclaiming as I made my way to the school gym. I frowned as I looked at the same guy whose arm I twisted in the morning. He was sitting on the ground with the tall dark haired guy next to whom I sat during the chemistry class.