Chapter 3: Fake Barbies and A Loyal Boyfriend

"You know, you might have a shot with Damien." I heard someone say just as I entered the class. Hearing Mr. Tall-Dark-and-Handsome's name made me turn to look at the person who had said it.

Is someone setting my future husband up with someone else?

I saw a tall, handsome guy with black hair talking to a blonde, fake Barbie who was trying to get close to him which was making him visibly uncomfortable.

"But why do you want me to move on from you, Xander?" The fake Barbie asked in a high pitched voice. The boy sighed as he tried to move away from the fake Barbie. She wrapped her arms around his neck to stop him.

Desperate much?

"I have an amazing girlfriend, Sarah. Please move on! I am so damn happy with my Ellie!" The guy said. Fake Barbie, Sarah, pouted at the Xander guy, trying to look cute. But Xander didn't look the least bit interested in her.

Wow! He must be loyal to his girlfriend...

"You didn't even give me a chance, Xan! I deserve at least a single chance to be with you!" Fake Barbie spoke up in her high pitched voice. She tried to cup Xander's face as he continued to try to pull away from her.

It was then that I noticed how she had a cut in her arm. She wasn't the first fake Barbie I've ever seen. I have constantly moved around and so I've met a lot of girls like her. And girls like her start panicking at the smallest of wounds to attract attention. But she seemed oblivious to it even when it appeared to be a little too long. It looked like she got the cut from somewhere and she didn't even notice.

I looked closely at her face to find that her eyes were a little red and it didn't look like she was focusing on anything. Moreover, even though she wasn't stumbling, she wasn't standing straight at one place.

She's definitely drunk!

I am not sure why but I wanted to help the guy who seemed to be extremely irritated as he tried to push the fake Barbie away. This guy knew Damien and if he decided to set Damien and the fake Barbie up, I don't think I would like that very much. And besides, Damien and that fake Barbie won't even look good together!

I knew that my silly crush on the silent and brooding Damien was totally pointless. I didn't even know the guy's last name! But his serious and silent self was attractive to me. I don't date and I don't even plan on starting to date but something in Damien was just... attracting me to him.

I was well aware that he might even have a girlfriend but I couldn't help myself. But I knew that if he did in fact have a girlfriend, I wouldn't try anything. I would just back off completely. But if didn't have a girlfriend, he was in deep trouble.

I sighed as I walked up to the fake Barbie and Xander and lightly tapped on the fake Barbie's shoulder. She turned around and raised an eyebrow at me as she took me in. I gave her a sweet smile.

"Hi! I'm Penny." I waved at her. She scoffed at me. "I couldn't help but notice how you are practically harassing this sweet person who's been trying to tell you to back off." I told her, still maintaining the smile on my face.

"Mind your own business, new girl!" Fake Barbie said as she pushed me back. I stood in my place and kept my smile on my face. I could smell the light smell of alcohol on her which she had clearly tried to hide with her perfume.

I would have gagged from the strong smell of her perfume if I wasn't used to fake Barbies like her. After all, my elder sister was one of these fake Barbies.

"Okay! On my first day, principal Hughes told me that if I feel like something is wrong, I should just tell him." I said as I pretended to think. Xander frowned as the fake Barbie raised an eyebrow at me. "And I feel that being drunk in school is wrong." I said with an innocent look on my face. Fake Barbie coughed as Xander gave me a confused look.