CHAPTER THREE

Damien's POV

2 days ago

I was in my office doing my kingly duties, when my phone rang. I picked it up and answered.

" Hello."

" Damien, you need to come over here. Its really important."

" What's the problem?"

" You'll have to see for yourself."  And with that, the call cut off. You see, only a few people could do that and get away with it. My family and my friends. Alpha Liam happens to be my friend otherwise I would have hunt him down and cut his balls off. Yeah, no one wants to mess with this king. I cleared my desk and went downstairs. I am at my house now. You might think that because I'm a king I live in a castle. No, I have a castle, but I want to live in my house. It was made for my mate and I, but it has been years and I haven't found her. So I live by myself.

As I walk by, my pack bows and greets me.

' Good day, alpha.'

' Hi alpha.'

' Hey baby.' And there is that voice. That very annoying voice. But I have to bear it because she is going to be my bride. You see, because I didn't find my mate, the council chose one for me. And it's her. Claire Adams, daughter of alpha Darren Adams. The second most powerful alpha, whose pack is almost as big as mine. That's why they chose her. Also because her mother is on the council. She has advanced combat skills and she's beautiful. But she's not my type. If I don't marry her, I'll lose my crown. You're probably saying, you're king, you don't have to listen to them. But that's not the case. It's been like this for generations. If I don't find my mate by the age of 25, I lose the crown. And I'm already 25. I just have to marry her.

I continued walking, pretending I never heard her, but she ran up to me and grabbed my arm. Another thing, she's clingy. I pulled my arm away and said coldly

" What do you want?" She ignored the coldness of my voice and said excitedly,

" Let's go out, to.. You know, to get more face and show that we're together and all. And maybe buy me some things to show that you love and cherish me." I rolled my eyes and replied,

" I'm busy. And for the last time, I don't love you. I'm only doing this so I can keep my kingdom."

" Oh don't say that. We'll be together forever. And you'll love me and me alone." She replied, smirking. I tsk and walked away. I went to the training ground and saw my beta, gamma and brother talking. I cleared my throat and they stopped talking.

" Hey bro. What's up?" Blake, my beta said. I narrowed my eyes at him.

" What's up is that you're all here talking and not training. Other than that, we have places to be."

" Oh, where are we going?" Chase, my gamma said.

" You're not going anywhere. You have a lot of work to do and you have to stay here while we're gone." I said while we walked towards my office in the castle. My sister saw us and tagged along with her witch friend, Andrea. We all arrived and sat down. Suddenly, my parents barged in, deciding to drop by.

" Boy, why didn't we get invited to this meeting? We are your parents and former king and queen. You could need us you know." Dad said and mom nodded. Sometimes they behave like they're kids and we're the older ones.

" I forgot. Now just sit down and let me talk." I said and they sat down.

" Liam called and said it was important."

" He only calls when its urgent. Did he say what for?" My brother, Daniel asked.

" He said to come see for myself. I want you, Blake and Daniella to get ready. Chase, you'll be in charge of the pack. Dad, you call the packs we'll be passing through. And since its urgent, you can come along, Andrea." I said using my alpha command. They nodded and left. As I was turning to sit, someone knocked the door.