Prologue

Enter a world where human biology secretly has six genders, due to the ancient tragedy which happened thousands of years ago

Enter a world where human biology secretly has six genders, due to the ancient tragedy which happened thousands of years ago. No one knew the exact origin of this supposed catastrophic event or how the additional four genders initially came to be, as all written records were noted to have been mysteriously erased.

Like the accidental cause was being hidden and tucked away safely, on purpose.

To put it simply, the event entailed that the female population dramatically declined during this period. It was so horrendous to the point that gender nearly became extinct.

One would assume that human instincts would drive the females to reproduce more females. However, with every pregnancy and birth, a woman's risk of dying is said to increase. After all, losing a precious female's life over higher pregnancy occurrences in her life would only serve to kill the gender further, which was a very costly price to pay. Not to mention, some pregnancy also brings about long-lasting impacts after giving birth, as well as possible effects on the child upon many pregnancies beforehand.

In layman's terms, it was counterproductive to think of forcing more ladies to get pregnant at every waking moment of their lives.

This left the humans in a tight spot.

As the ratio of available receptive women to men rapidly dwindled, males were considered to be rather useless, reproductively speaking. There was not ample use of that much sperm if there are only so few eggs to fertilise into a child. One male can produce 100 million sperm upon ejaculation at a more flexible given time, whilst a female can only produce 15-20 follicles per cycle.

Males became overshadowed rather quickly and paled in comparison to females.

By some miracle, less than a hundred years after that tragic incident, this brought about the new genders amongst the males called "dynamics": Alpha, Beta, Gamma and Delta.

Once again, there was no known verified explanation pinpointed to this phenomenon. There were studies of the dynamics being a result of a by-chance mutation in a man that was favoured after a while, upon achieving greater reproductive success in restoring the female population in natural selection, or others mentioned the concept of Darwinism; the evolution of humans in copying animal characteristics to adapt to the deadly disaster.

In other words, human males suddenly were able to become pregnant, copying other males of other species.

There were theories that it was, in fact, not coincidental. Perhaps it was the work of a lab experiment to enable human pregnancies in males, to aid the females, which subsequently also gave rise to other genders by coincidence. Another theory suggested that both stories were plausible, making it a mutation-turned-experiment. Some conspired in religious beliefs, believing God gave humans some form of second-chance mercy.

These genders, or rather dynamics, hold the traditional Omegaverse troupe but they were not quite the same as those from the stories you'd read.

Alphas, the known dominant gender of the dynamics are known to be generally aggressive beings and protective of their beloved ones to a fault, as an outcome of their heightened concentration of testosterone: male hormones. They were naturally the largest and toughest in comparison to the dynamics.