Count 1

"Back to the line you savage!!"

Thanks to his sensitive senses, Shu managed to pick up the first signs of his peace's inevitable, impending doom.

Shu was in the middle of his evening walk, strolling along the outskirts in a rather mindless manner. His eyes were tracing along with the outlines of the bright stars above him.

Ever since he was just a little pup (a new term for the dynamics of living as ferals), he never had anyone in his life other than his late father, whom he barely recalled. And while as pitiful as it sounded, he was content. All he truly required in his life was enjoying his own company.

This was another one of his nightly walks after a leisurely day at the library when he didn't need to go scavenging for food or needed that early nap for the morning hunt. It was a moment for him to tune into this big and mysterious world.

"You savage."

Both legs came to a slow halt, right next to each other. That line reverberated loudly inside his head like a broken record.

Since he was such an irresistible magnet to trouble, he found himself heading straight towards the source without much thought.

Essentially ignoring Donghyun's warning earlier.

And not so surprisingly, he spotted a man tackling another fiercely. In full stealth mode, he carefully got closer and hid behind one of the conveniently placed trees, trying to assess the situation at hand first before jumping in like his instincts were ordering him to. The outskirts were luckily just nearby a forest, but there was also a harbour a few meters away.

There must have been a chase leading up to this.

He huffed, hoping this scene was just a trick of his eye so he could just continue with his night, unbothered. The stars were calling out for his name, desperately yearning for his attention again so he was frustrated. It was then his nose crinkled at a scent he knew by heart.

A dynamic.

Pinned down, the captured man yelped out something unintelligible and the second male pulled out a huge, sharp whip that was hooked in his shady uniform. Shu grumbled to himself at the viciousness displayed before his eyes, especially at the sight of gashes and blood running from the dynamic's back. The man was being hit, repetitively and as much as Shu wished to roll into the case, it was ill-advised when he wasn't fully certain of the situation yet.

There were screams and snarls of pain before they grew quieter and quieter, but what snapped something within him were the men's words:

"Careful, he still needs to go through auction!"

"I don't fucking care, this savage can die for all I care. Let's go."

Said man then sighed angrily before they began to drag their now unconscious victim along the grass and rocks.