The Date

Explicit Content

Amaras POV

I bite my lip anxiously as I stand in front of Cedric hospital bedroom. I already completed my work for the day, but I kept making exuses to why I couldn't stop by. Not that he would have wanted to see me any way. Suddenly I saw Lexi walk out making me shift out of view.

"Amara?"She says.

I turn,"Lexi...funny seeing you here,"I laughed.

"What happened between you two? Whenever I mention your name he would change the subject,"She replied.

"I messed things up and he has every right to shut me out because I'm horrible,"I said.

"You're not horrible. Whatever you did he'll get over it. He's loves-,"I cut her off,"That's the problem."

"What do you mean?"She asks frowning.

"He only got the surgery because....I made him believe that I felt the same or it at least came out that way,"I replied. Lexi stayed silent. Avoiding my eyes.

"See,"I huffed and started turning away but she grabbed me.

"It was selfish of you, but you meant well. He would have died without the surgery,"She replied.

"I'm so sorry,"I cried. She pulled me into a hug,"Shh it's okay Amara. He'll come around."

I sighed trying to calm myself down,"I never should have done it."

"Don't beat yourself up over this Amara,"She pulled away looking at me. "You should have seen Mr. and Mrs. Diggorys faces. They were so happy when he got out. Just think about that,"She added.

I smiled,"Thanks Lex...I suppose your right. I just need to let everything fall into place."

"It will,"She smiled.

"We should have a girls night. Just you and me. Maybe go out to eat?"I suggested.

"I would love that,"She replied and then her face fell. I looked over and saw Liam walking towards us. "Great, don't leave,"Lexi says before putting a fake smile.

"You never called me back,"He frowned at Lexi.

"I've told you it was just a hookup,"She shook her head.

"It wasn't for me,"Liam replied.

I guess Liam finally is the one chasing, but Lexi wasn't ready for a relationship right now. She broke up with George literally two weeks ago, but at the same time him and Cal were moving on together.

"We agreed that it was just for fun,"She sighed.

"Just one date. If you don't want to date me after then I'll leave you alone,"He said with hopeful eyes.

She looked over at me and I smiled. Lexi sighs and look back to Liam,"Fine pick me up at seven tonight,"She said.

His smile gree wide,"It's a date,"He winks and runs past us happy.

Lexi rolls her eyes and I grin over at her,"What?"She asks.

"Nothing...you pinned down the player,"I said.

"Please it's just one date, now don't you have saving lives to do? Or healing fungus?"Lexi asks.

I giggle and shake my head,"Write me! Don't leave out any details,"I replied walking off.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Freddie guess what?"I said after apprating making him jump from the couch. "Sorry, but guess what?"I asked.