Aftermath

Amaras POV

I woke up feeling my head pounding. I turn to see Fred asleep, his arms wrapped around me. How could I let this happen? I was so caught up with my own problems, and seeing Jake that I didn't even bother to save my freind. This was all my fault and the guilt of it all was eating at me.

I pulled out of Freds grasp, tip toeing to the door to walk outside. The Burrow was quiet....dark. As I reached for the front door I saw a shadow making me jump,"Who's there?"

"It's just me,"Liam says.

I sighed, letting go of the handle,"Couldn't sleep either?"I asked.

"No,"He replies walking closer to me.

I bite my lip, holding back the tears. I wrap my arms around myself and turn,"This isn't your fault."

I blinked a few times, wondering how he could possibly read my mind. To be quite honest, Liam and I weren't as close. Cal and I were closer, but since the whole Lexi and George situation, he's been working hard to avoid me.

Surprisingly enough, Liam has been a better freind these past few days then Cal.

"How could you say that? I've been nothing but selfish,"I argued.

"Amara look at me,"Liam comes closer, pulling my arm.

I turn to face him, my lips pouting lightly,"This isn't your fault. You have been through a lot. If there's anyone who should be apologising, it should be Cal and I. For not protecting you like we should have been."

"It's ok-,"Liam cuts me off,"No it's not. What happened today wasn't anyone's fault. None of us could have known what was going to happen."

"I should have been there,"I shake my head, feeling the tears escape again.

"No. Ness would have been beating herself up if anything happened to you....and us for that matter,"Liam grinned, resting his hands on my arms.

"I just...hope she's okay,"I sniffled.

"She is. Stella is with her and tommrow we could go visit her alright?,"Liam suggests making me nod.

He brings his hand to my cheek and strokes,"No more crying okay?"

I nod, leaning forward a bit,"Let's get you some water and up to bed,"Liam says, pulling away and kissing the top of my head, then walking back into th kitchen.

I couldn't help but turn my head to look out the window, nothing but darkness out there. I felt a hand on my shoulder turning me. Liam's there with a glass of water,"Drink, it'll help."

I take the glass and begun drinking. I felt a bit better,"Thank you Liam."

He grins and I look down, seeing his hands bandaged up. I grab his hands,"For everything."

I plant a kiss on his cheek and then walk back to the bedroom to get another sleepless night.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I hear Fred wake up, making me close my eyes. I didn't want to talk to him. Although Fred was more then willing to talk to me, I didn't want to talk to him.

I had this awful feeling in my stomach. It was twisting and turning, I'm trying to gasp for some oxygen but I can't. All I want to do is breathe and I can't.

I know that Fred couldn't take that feeling away. Even if he tried. I felt him pull me closer to him, sighing gently, then pressing his lips to my cheek before climbing out of bed. Once I hear the door close I open my eyes.

I didn't want to avoid him, but I don't want to talk.