Prologue

The steam rose around you, enveloping the rest of your body that wasn't submerged in the scalding bath Hermione had drawn you. The massive pool of a bath in the prefects bathroom was rapidly filling. The countless taps emerging with various colours of soaps, oils, scents to help you relax. You weren't sure that all the soaps, scents and oils in the world would be enough to release the tension from your back and neck now. The feelings of rage and dark magic knotted under your skin twisting your muscles into uncomfortable tension.

You slowly sunk into the water despite feeling like your skin was burning as you did. The pain was oddly comforting. You heard Hermione muttering to someone by the doorway behind you, you didn't care. You were too preoccupied by your muddled thoughts to see who it might be. You doubted Harry would have the time, he was officially Triwizard Champion and was likely still down at the grounds with everyone else, or on his way to Dumbledores office, perhaps being interviewed for The Daily Prophet. You couldn't help but feel a sharp bitterness towards him. You quickly dismissed it, none of this was his fault.

You heard Hermione calling you as she stepped away from the entrance and whoever she was talking to. You didn't turn towards her but called back with a cold "Yes?"

"Are you alright?" She asked timidly. As if she know what a silly question she was asking.

You sighed and took a deep breath through your nose, you couldn't afford to unleash your rage on Hermione, she was one of the few people you could still count on. A list you assumed would be shortened significantly after the events that took place tonight. You were going to need all the friends you could get.

Hysteria and tears brimming behind your eyes , before they could spill from your eyes you slowly dunked your head below the hot water. The warmth easing the stinging of the tears in your eyes as they washed away. The shock had taken at least an hour to wear off and reality to set in. Harry had returned with Cedrics lifeless corpse and declared the return of the Dark Lord.

"I will be." You said after coming back up for air. Now that the initial shock had worn off you could feel that horrible, irreparable, lingering feeling of hopelessness and despair. Grief. Mourning.

You were fighting hard to suppress that inkling of anger towards Harry. He was the only one who could have done anything to save Cedric. You had such a horrible feeling when Cedric entered the final task, but you hid it from him, not allowing any another distraction that could have risked his safety in the maze. The grief felt like molten lava in the pit of your stomach, it was already evolving into an uncanny rage boiling below the surface.

"Are you sure there's nothing else I can get you? Are you hungry? Do you want to write anyone? I can get you a quill and parchment." But you shook your head at every suggestion. You did have a question for her though.

"Who was that you were talking too just now?" You wondered out loud. Her face scrunched up in a disgusted looking expression.

"It was Malfoy . He was rather insistent on checking on you. I told him you weren't decent." You raised an eyebrow, surprised that was all it took to shoo him off. She did not approve of your association with him in the least. Not that you needed her to.

Ron was the only one to complain about it out loud. He was probably the only one of the three who had a right to. Lucius had taken some distasteful actions against the Weasleys both personally and professionally seeing as both him and Arthur worked at the ministry. Harry never said anything but you knew he was as wary of your predicament as you were. He had his own problems to worry about.

You could feel the dark magic within you again, pulling your shoulder muscles taut and tight, clouding your head with rage and irrational spite. That molten lava rolling deeper and deeper within you.