Chapter 2 - Meeting

You and Draco glanced at each other briefly before hurrying to the door, straightening your clothes. He had a few hairs out of place and looked slightly disheveled after his deep dive into the second hand memory Harry had shown you.

You gave Finn a quick pat before reminding him to be on his best behaviour and closed your door behind you.

"Your hair it's a bit-" you indicated to him where some pieces had fallen out at the front. The two of you were making you way down the hall to the top of the grand staircase.

"Where?" He swiped at it recklessly with his hand.

"Oh no stop! You're only making it worse!" You exclaimed.

"Well fix it!" He panicked. He crouched slightly so you could reach the top of his head more easy and you gently smoothed the strands of hair from his face as the two of you made your way to the top step of the staircase.

"Hurry up!" He said in a slightly raised tone.

"I'm trying to help you stop being so-" before you could finish a loud mans voice interrupted you.

"Introducing the young Duke and Duchess of Malfoy estate!" Boomed Lucius' proud voice. You scrambled to straighten yourself, suddenly aware of the small gathering of death eaters at the base of the staircase.

Draco straightened himself beside you and offered his arm as a formality. As you took it the both of you made your way to the crowd below.

Some people murmured in quiet approval while some rolled their eyes at Lucius, only he could find some way to make the return of the dark Lord about himself and his fabulous family. Narcissa nodded to you and beamed proudly. So far so good.

After a quick look around the room you concluded Voldemort was not yet present. As you breathed a sigh of relief Lucius and Narcissa met the pair of you at the bottom of the stairs.

You kept your guard up. Some of these death eaters were incredible legilimens. But never the less you were brought around the room like some sort of show dog, introducing yourself over and over again. With the same reactions each time.

"Oh my, a Gaunt! How proud you must be to bear such a noble name." Said Crabbes tall brooding beast of a father.

"What an honor it is to meet you Ms Gaunt. You're in the same year as my boy at Hogwarts. He speaks of you often." Goyle's father boasted.

You did everything in your power to keep your eyes from rolling from your head. Your name was not something you were proud of and these people were fools to put their trust in a power hungry entity such as the dark lord. As long as they gave him the power and control he wanted, he would enable their elitism and blood supremacy. He had no conscience, he didn't feel guilt or remorse. He sought only one thing and would stop at nothing for it.

You had done plenty of research throughout the years with Hermione. It had been so painfully obvious you wondered if the rest of them knew or even cared. He was hardly even a man anymore.He promised them exactly what they wanted, power of their own. You knew what he was. What he had done.

The dark Lord himself was the very reason your mother had to permanently reside in St Mungos. He was the reason you had come to the manor and he was the reason you had been training so hard. He merely thought of you and Draco as his spies and his soldiers in training. After all, the ministry would never suspect mere students of such treachery.

Even with all this knowledge of him, the closest you'd ever come to meeting was in Harry's memory of the graveyard - Which you currently couldn't even reflect upon as it was still floating around your glass dish upstairs where you had left it. You silently prayed the house elves left it alone.