One

Dream and George were about three years into their marriage when the conversation of children became a constant one. After a year of waiting for a call, they longed for a kid of their own. But the call had yet to come.

Dream had come home from his parent's house one day, seeing George looking out the window in their spare bedroom, "Hey, did you end up streaming?" George shook his head, as Dream sat behind his husband to look out the window with him. "I meant to. Just not in the right mind right now. And Sapnap was too busy being a simp to join me."

"What's on your mind, sweetheart?" Dream moved his hand up and down George's chest. George leaned back against Dream. "I'm just thinking about kids, you know? It's constantly on my mind I just want it so bad, and we can't do anything to speed this up. I'm sorry that I'm so down in the dumps all the time, Clay."

Dream stood up, help George up off the ground, "I know, I'm sorry. I wish that I could make this easier for you. If it takes more than 6 months, we could always do our surrogacy idea first. I can't watch you suffer for much longer, George. I promised that we would make this happen for us."

"But there's just so many kids that need homes, I don't want to bring another kid into this world until we can give love and a home to another, Clay," George closed the curtains in the spare room. Clay sighed as they walked towards their bedroom, "I just can't help but feel like I'm disappointing you."

George shook his head, "It's not you, Dreamie. It's the system that is disappointing me. We just got too lucky in other parts of our relationship, the world is just equalizing itself. I'm just glad you're still here with me, and we're doing this together. I can't imagine doing this with anyone else."

Dream pulled the blanket under George's chin, before climbing into bed next to him, "I love you, sweetheart."

"I love you too."

The days continued on with no calls, they were starting to lose hope that they would ever get the call.

Dream and George sat on a call with Sapnap, who was streaming. Dream was watching George run around as Sapnap tried to kill him, laughing at how determined Sapnap was. Suddenly, Dream's phone started to vibrate on the desk. Quickly looking down to see the name Jeremy on his phone screen. "Holy shit, Sapnap stop chasing George right now."

Sapnap brushed him off, continuing to chase him. Dream was practically panicking at that point, "Sapnap, I'm not kidding. Stop right now." Sapnap character stopped as his chat flew by on George's second monitor.

"What happened?" George looked over, seeing Dream holding his phone up. George gasped, "What the fuck, Clay? Answer it. What are you waiting for?"

Dream took a deep breath, "Let's not get our hopes up, sweetheart." Completely forgetting that they could be heard by 115,000 people, Dream answered the call. He talked to the man on the other end for a couple of seconds before hanging up.

"I have to call my sister. I don't know how long this will take, and you know how Dog gets when she's alone. Also, we let Robert out into the backyard like 3 hours ago, make sure she knows," Dream walked to his side of the bed to get his phone charger.

George walked over to Dream, stopping in front of him, "Talk to me. What is happening?" A single tear fell from Dream's eye, "I've kept my promise, George. There's a baby girl who's being checked out by doctors right now. They're making sure she's all healthy but all we need to do is sign the papers then we can take her home."

Before George could celebrate, he heard a concerned Sapnap in his ear, "George, what is going on?" George quickly logged off Minecraft, "We have to go, but everything is perfect. Please don't worry, anyone. We'll explain soon. Sapnap, it's finally happening."