Mauerfall

Short to get me back into writing.

Thursday 9th November, 1989. Prussia stared down the guard stood in front of him, feeling anger bubble up inside of him. "Öffnen Sie das Tor," he practically growled at the man. 

 Harald Jäger, the man in charge of the passport control, stared back towards the angry East German state. Jäger's eyes darted between Prussia and the large crowd in the thousands that stood behind him, feeling his heart drop to his stomach. Wenn sie es wollen, Jäger thought bitterly as he gestured to the guards by the gates, sighing in contempt. Dann soll es so sein

Excitement rippled through the crowd of people as they watched the gate be hauled open, and stay open. With no hesitation, people poured in through the gates, letting out cheers and shouts of joy as they did. Others being climbing up the wall and dropping off over the border, too impatient to wait to go through the gates. Prussia pushed through the crowd on the other side, head swivelling about frantically, searching.

Among the crowd of West Berliners, Prussia spotted who he was looking for. 

Germany stood in the middle of the throng, pale blue eyes widened and mouth slightly ajar as he locked gazes with his brother. Simultaneously, they surged forwards towards each other, everyone and everything else around them seeming to blur. Prussia ran forwards and embraced Germany, holding him tight; Germany returned the embrace just as enthusiastically.

"Ich bin hier, Bruder," Prussia mumbled, pressing his forehead to Germany's. "Und ich gehe nirgendwo hin."

"Ich habe dich so sehr vermisst," Germany's voice shook slightly as he spoke, tears filling his eyes.

Prussia squeezed him tighter as Germany moved to bury his face into the other's shoulder. 

"Ich weiß, ich weiß. Es ist okay. Ich bin jetzt hier."

Öffnen Sie das Tor- Open the gate

Wenn sie es wollen, dann soll es so sein- If they want it, then so be it

Ich bin hier, Bruder- I'm here, brother

Und ich gehe nirgendwo hin- And I'm not going anywhere

Ich habe dich so sehr vermisst- I missed you so much

Ich weiß, ich weiß. Es ist okay. Ich bin jetzt hier- I know, I know. It's okay. I'm here now