t w e n t y t w o

A boy

A boy. It's a boy this time. She didn't dream about the scary old memories anymore, but they changed to a boy. She dreamt about herself as a young one, yet it felt so real. He looked familiar, but it couldn't be-  it's not like they've met each other before.

The six-year old pattered her feet across the ground with an elephant plushie that she'd bring everywhere. "You can't catch me!" she stuck out her tounge and her mom giggled in return. "Come here! We need to go," Taehee laughed while chasing her little daughter around the playground.

"Catch me if you can-" she abruptly fell, her words hitching in her throat. A wave of pain flowed within her body and looked on her now bloody knee. As a kid should, Saeron began to cry when she heard a voice. "Are you okay?" his tone was full of worry, lending his hand to help the girl stand back on her feet.

"It hurts," she whimpered, so the boy kneeled down- paying full attention to her wound. He dug his hand into his back pockets- pulling out a band-aid. Saeron only watched as he carefully stuck it onto her scratched knee. Saeron then closed her eyes tightly whilst hugging her plushie due to the sting but then faded as soon as he finished applying the patch.

"There, all done," the boy huffed then looked at her eyes that were still prickling with tears. "You're okay, see?," he comforted, pointing at her wound that's been treated. She remained silent as she looked down but then smiled. "Thank you!" she exclaimed- the pain disappeared just like that.

He gave her a smile in return before helping her stand up- brushing off the dust that'd gotten stuck on his shirt. "What's your name?" Saeron curiously asked- holding her plushie tighter.

"Oh, I'm Ji-"
"Saeron, honey! We need to go now!"

And that's where Taehee interrupted his speech. They both glanced at the direction of the voice came from then looked back at each other before the young boy continued. "You should go, your mom's waiting for you, " he sent a genuine smile and Saeron nodded at his words. "See you next time!" she called out- waving her tiny hands towards him.

"Saeron, honey! We need to go now!," Taehee yelled from the floor below, which resulted a grunt from the sleeping figure. A loud knock on the door made her jolt- followed by her mother entering her room. "Oh my- you're gonna be late for sure," Taehee groaned and was about to exit. "Late for what? It's saturday-" she widened her eyes, sitting up straight as her realization struck her.

"Mhm, college interview," Taehee muttered with her arms folded infront of her chest- nodding to her own sentence then proceeded to walk out. "Shit," she mumbled then hurriedly got ready- for who knows how quick.

She ran down the stairs to be met her Taehee's figure- body slumped down on the couch while scrolling through her phone. Her daughter's presence went unknown to her as a cheeky smile lingered on her lips and Saeron stared in confusion. "Mom, let's go?" her voice brought Taehee back to reality.

"Oh- Sae, have you heard about this drama called 'Vincenzo'?- oh my, Song Joongki's so good looking-" her rants were cut short by the girl who grabbed her arm then pushed her towards the front door. "We've got no time for that," Saeron rolled her eyes. "But yes, he's daddy material- ouch!" she continued before Taehee slapped her arm.

When they stepped outside, a figure that'd just did the same- caught Taehee's attention before waving towards him. "Oh! Hey Jisung-ie!" she exclaimed which made Saeron snap her head towards the opposite mansion.

Jisung pulled an all-white attire this time-juxtaposing his usual black one. "Pretty bright today, eh Park?" Saeron called out in a tease and the boy rolled his eyes in annoyance before putting his smile back on. "Good morning, Mrs.Kim!" he ignored the girl's comment, answering the woman instead with a smile.

Folding her arms, Saeron clicked her tounge playfully. Without wasting anymore time, Jisung strode over to the bus stop. Taehee looked over to the girl beside her, raising a brow once again. "He looks nice in white, don't you think?" she plastered a smug smile then glanced at her daughter's disgusted face. "Yeah, sure. C'mon we're late," she commented before they both opened the car door- then drove to their destination.

 C'mon we're late," she commented before they both opened the car door- then drove to their destination