Chapter 9 the truth behind the second threat

He told me that Master Xandred wouldn't have made another threat if it wasn't for a good reason. It felt like it was more than that to me. I decided to try to find out more about that threat but couldn't find anything. I closed my laptop and Master Xandred's threat came back to me. Then I got the flashback of me killing my mom. I don't know why that threat and flashback came back to me. Then I thought what if the threat was connected to my mom in a way. I told John about the threat and the flashback I got. "Maybe that threat wasn't towards you." John said. "What do you mean?" I asked. "Maybe that threat was towards your mom." John said. "But, I don't understand. Why would Master Xandred say that if it was towards my mom?" I asked. "It's possible that Master Xandred doesn't know that your mom is dead." John said. "She's been dead for sixteen years now. My dad has been dead for thirteen years." I said. "I know. But one of these days, Master Xandred is going to find out that your mom is dead." John said. "Well, what if he doesn't and only finds that out from some kind of source?" I asked. "What sources would the nighloks have? It's not like they have any kinds of sources in or around the netherworld." John said. "Oh, right. I guess I didn't really think about that." I said. The next day Master Xandred somehow found out that my mom was dead from Decker. That's when he knew that I was the black ranger. Now, he wants me dead. Later that day I got a call from my old friend, Jason. "Hey Jason, what's up?" I asked. "Not much, I was just wondering how you and your siblings are doing." Jason said. "We're doing just fine, although it's been kinda hard living with no parents. My dad has been dead for thirteen years and my mom has been dead for sixteen years." I said. "Well, I know about both of them dying and I know that one of them was basically an accident." Jason said. "Yeah, I know." I said. "Hey listen, I have to get going. Tommy and I are going to hang out at the youth center with a few friends." Jason said. "Okay, I guess I'll talk to you later." I said. Then he hung up. Later that night I was doing some late night training. Jayden was training for the dual against Decker. He had special moves that he wanted to practice. When I walked in I saw Jayden and Kevin training with each other.

The next day Jayden went out and took down Decker. When he got back I talked to him about the destiny's of the power rangers. "Every ranger has a destiny but it is only part of who we are." Jayden said. "I know, I know." I said. "We can choose who we're gonna be." Jayden said. "Yeah, I know." I said. The next day I told Jayden that ever since I killed mom, I felt like I was desint to become evil. "Hey, listen, I can look into your eyes and I can tell that you're not evil." Jayden said. "Really?" I said. "Yeah, you're not desint to become evil. Your destiny is to save everyone if Master Xandred attacks." Jayden said. I started to act a little weird. "Are you okay?" Jayden asked. "Yeah, I just need some time alone, okay?" I asked. "Okay." Jayden said. I walked out into the yard. "Dad?" I said. "Yes Ariel, what's up?" Stephen said. "I was talking to Jayden about the destiny of the power rangers but then I started to think that I was desint to become evil." I said. "You are not desint to turn evil, didn't Jayden tell you?" Stephen said. "Tell me what?" I asked. "That you weren't desint to turn evil and what your destiny is." Stephen said. "Yeah, he did." I said. "Ariel, I am going to say the same thing I said to Jayden. Remember, protect the world from evil, stand by your allies, and never run from a battle." Stephen said. "Thanks dad." I said. Then he disappeared. Then I went back into the house but not before I looked up at the stars. "Shine on dad." I said. I felt lost after dad died but Jayden and Lauren were always there for me.

I know that dad would want me to be happy that Jayden and Lauren stayed with me but a part of me felt lost after dad died. The next day I noticed that there was going to be a talent show at the school. I decided to sign up for it. I was going to sing I can only imagine and play the song on my guitar.

Later that night Jayden heard me practicing my guitar. After I practiced my guitar Jayden came into my room. "Hey, are you doing okay?" Jayden asked. "Yeah." I said. "Okay, if you need anything, just let me know." Jayden said. "Okay." I said. The next morning I was training with Lauren. I told her about the threat and she didn't know too much about it. All she knew about it is that it was a threat towards our mom and if the black ranger was dead by the time the threat was made, the threat would most likely be towards the next black ranger. I asked her how Master Xandred would find out that the ranger that the threat was originally towards is dead and she said that he might find it out from someone who might be half human and half nighlok. "Decker." I said under my breath. The next day after school I went to the high school library for best buddies. I have best buddies two Wednesdays a month throughout the school year. I always had so much fun at best buddies because John did it with me and my friends. At 2:30 p.m. the students that don't do best buddies went home. Around 4:30 p.m. best buddies ended. At best buddies I played on the Wii with a few friends, made a loom band bracelet, occasionally they had a party based on what holiday was coming up. Today at best buddies we did a sing/dance off. We did it just for fun. My friend Hannah filmed us singing and dancing to a song. Later that day she put the clips together and put the video on YouTube.