Chapter 10 the talent show

It's a few days before the talent show. I am really excited about it. Lately I have been practicing the song that I am going to sing for it. I was also practicing with my guitar. A few days go by and the day of the talent show finally comes. This morning they made an announcement that everyone that signed up for the talent show has to report to the gym around 7th period to get ready for the talent show and to get some extra practice, if needed. After my 6th period study hall I went to the gym. During the whole 7th period the students that signed up for the talent show came to the gym. Some of the students had classes on the opposite end of the school so it took them longer to get to the gym. The talent show is after school. At the end of the school day the rest of the students came to the gym to watch us preform in the talent show. When it was my turn I walked out onto the stage. Before I sang I said "This song is dedicated to my parents." Then I played I can only imagine and I also sang it.

John was after me. He sang we own the night from zombies 2.

After the talent show Jayden and Lauren came to the school to pick us up. On the way back home Jayden asked both me and John how to talent show was. "It was fun." I said. "It was great." John said. "Well, I'm glad that you guys had fun." Jayden said. When we got back I thought about the song that John sang at the talent show. "Is he not telling me something?" I asked myself. I walked up to John later that night. "Hey John, there's something that I want to ask you." I said. "What is it?" John asked. "Well, I heard you sing we own the night at the talent show and I was wondering, is there something about you that I should know about?" I asked. "Uh, well, I, uh." John said before running away. Then Jayden walked up to me. "What's up with John?" Jayden asked. "I don't know, but something is definitely up, and I'm going to find out what it is." I said before walking out to meet up with Lauren. I told Lauren that I am trying to find out what is up with John. "I don't know what is up with him but maybe our family friend Jacob will know." Lauren said. "Okay, I guess I could go ask him about it." I said. Then I go to Jacob's house and told him that when I asked John if there was something about him that I should know about he didn't tell me anything. Then he told me that there is a story about shapeshifter wolves that can use magic. "Wait, there are some shapeshifter wolves out there that can use magic?" I asked. "Yeah." Jacob said. "What if they use it for evil?" I asked. "It kinda complicated to explain. The thing is if someone finds out, then they're more likely to go to a jail for wizards and witches. You know what I am talking about, right?" Jacob asked. "Yeah, Azkaban." I said. Then I went back to the shiba house. I have to find out if John is one of those shapeshifter wolves that can use magic. I don't exactly know how I am going to get him to tell me but I have to pick the right approach for it. The next day I walked up to John and asked him if he knew about shapeshifter wolves that can use magic and he said that he has heard of that and has seen it happen before. I told him that my family friend told me about it. That's when he finally couldn't keep it a secret anymore. He finally told me his secret that he was keeping from me. I found out that he is a shapeshifter wolf that can use magic for good, not evil. Jayden doesn't really want to joke around with me because of what I did to mom sixteen years ago. Getting through teenage years is rough for anyone, and anyone who was a teenager knows that, but going through teenage years with no parents is even harder, especially if you're an only child. For me, it was a little easier because I have two siblings that are helping me get through my teen years. The only thing that makes it harder is being a power ranger. Later that night Jayden found out that mom wanted me to carry on her legacy. He wanted to tell me that but I was not there. I was spending the night at a friend's house. I was spending the night at Virginia's house. The next morning I went back to the shiba house. Lauren walked up to me but I was acting a little weird around her. A few more days go by and Lauren walked up to me and asked me why I was acting kinda weird lately. I told her why. She knew how I was feeling. She told me that I can always find her in the space between.

Lauren was always there for me, same thing with Jayden. They were there for me when I needed them the most. The next day Jayden and I were training with our inherited samurai symbols with the other rangers. "There's more to being a power ranger than mastering a sword. You must also learn how to use your inherited samurai symbols." Mentor Ji said. Jayden painted the symbol for fire. "Ah ha, fire symbol." Mentor Ji said before the symbol turned into fire. "Yes, water." Mentor Ji said while Kevin painted his and it turned into water. "Good, earth symbol." Mentor Ji said as Emily painted the symbol. Then it turned into a rock and fell on Kevin's foot. "OW!" Kevin said. "Oh, sorry. Are you okay?" Emily asked. "Yeah, I'm fine." Kevin said. "Nice, ice symbol." Mentor Ji said as I painted my symbol and it turned into ice. "You definitely inherited it from mom." Jayden said. "Ah, the symbol for wind." Mentor Ji said as Mia painted the symbol for wind and a light breeze surrounded her. "That's not right. Was it this way?" Mike said while trying again. "That's it." Mike said. "The order of strokes is wrong. Mike, you must practice more." Mentor Ji said. "Okay, I get it, practice." Mike said. Before even trying it again he said "How about a lunch break? You'll be amazed at how well I practice after a few slices of pizza." Then he removed his hand from Mentor Ji's shoulder.