Chapter 15 Ariel sacrifices herself

The final battle against Master Xandred is not over yet. I have been training by myself lately. I have to fulfill my destiny if Master Xandred attacks. More likely than not, he is going to attack. The next day I was battling some moggers with the others when I heard another threat but this time it wasn't towards any of us, it was against Mentor Ji. "Ariel, I bet that Master Xandred is planning on killing Mentor Ji too. Not just us." Jayden said. "Don't worry. I won't allow him to get to Mentor Ji." I said. The next day Master Xandred attacked. I was fighting hard. The other rangers are helping me with the battle. After the rest of them got hurt I got in front of them and took the hits for them. I attacked Master Xandred and the last hit that he landed on me was so powerful that it knocked me down and made me demorph. I was badly injured from the hit. Then Master Xandred started to dry out. "I'll be back rangers, and next time I will kill you all." Master Xandred said before disappearing though a gap. John, Lauren, and Jayden all came over to me. "Guys, I don't have much time left." I said. "What do you mean by you don't have much time left?" John asked. "I mean that, I'm dying." I said. "What?!" All of them said shocked. "You heard me." I said. "Ariel, you can't die. There's got to be some way to save you." John said. "I wish there was but sadly, there isn't." I said. "Well, what are we supposed to do?" Jayden asked. "Jayden, you have to continue to lead the team to a victory against Master Xandred. But there is something that you guys have to promise me." I said. "And what's that?" Lauren asked. "Promise me that you guys will be strong for the rest of the team." I said. "We promise." They said. I turned to Lauren. "Lauren, there is one more thing that you, Jayden, and John have to promise me." I said. Then I turned to Jayden and John. "Each of you are getting another promise from me but individually." I said. "What is the other promise that I have to make to you?" John asked. "Promise me that you will keep Lauren, Jayden, and mentor safe." I said. "I promise to keep them safe." John said. Then I turned to Lauren. "Lauren, promise me that you will help Jayden in any way you can." I said. "You know that I will always do that." Lauren said. Then I turned to Jayden. "Jayden, I want you to promise me this one thing." I said. "What is it?" Jayden asked. "That you will destroy Master Xandred once and for all." I said. "Okay, I will, don't worry." Jayden said. Then I pulled out a ring, the black ranger samuraizer, and the wolf folding sword. I turned to John. "John, you're going to be the black ranger. I am counting on you to fight by my brothers side to destroy Master Xandred." I said. "Ariel, do you think that I can handle it?" John asked. "I don't think, I know." I said. I put the ring on his finger.

Then I handed him the wolf folding sword and the black ranger samuraizer

Then I handed him the wolf folding sword and the black ranger samuraizer. Then I turned to Lauren. I pulled out a wolf charm necklace.

I handed it to her

I handed it to her. "Lauren, keep this with you at all times. There's a protection spell on the wolf charm. It will help keep you safe." I said. Then I turned to Jayden. "Jayden, you are getting my guitar and song book." I said. "Really?" Jayden asked. "Yeah." I said. Then Mentor Ji came over to us. "Mentor." I said. He knelt down next to me. "Ariel, you did it. You saved everyone from Master Xandred, including me." Mentor Ji said. "Yeah but, he's not dead yet." I said. "That doesn't matter. You saved the whole team, including me. Your mother would be so proud of you." Mentor Ji said. I smiled at him. "Mentor, you have been my guiding light. Thank you for everything you did for us." I said. Later that night I was laying on my bed. Jayden walked into my room and covered me with my wolf blanket. I was feeling a little cold. "There, are you warmer now?" Jayden asked. "Yeah, thanks." I said. I saw tears starting to form in Jayden's eyes. "Jayden, listen, I know how hard this is. Trust me, I don't want to leave you guys, but it was just a matter of time before one of us died." I said. "Yeah, but I didn't count on it being you." Jayden said. I could tell that he really cares about me and Lauren. "Jayden?" I asked. "Yeah?" Jayden said. "Can you play one last song for me?" I asked. "Yeah, what song?" Jayden asked. "Can you play Bella's lullaby for me?" I asked. "Yeah, of course." Jayden said. He picked up my guitar and started to play it for me.

As I was listening to Jayden playing it John and Lauren walked in. I thought to myself this is it, last time they are ever going to see me. Then what Bella said in Twilight came to me. I'd never given much thought to how I would die. But dying in the place of someone I love seems like a good way to go. I looked at Lauren. "Ariel, Jayden and I love you a lot. We loved you ever since the day you were born." Lauren said. "I know. I love you guys too." I said. Then Lauren gave me a kiss which lasted three seconds. Jayden gave me a kiss too and it was as long as the kiss that Lauren gave me. Then I turned to John. "I love you so much Ariel." John said. "I love you too." I said. Then he gave me a kiss which lasted three minutes. Then I looked at all of them. As I closed my eyes I whispered "I love you guys." One hour later I gave my last breath. John went into his wolf form and howled.

He howled three times. In the distance Jacob and his wolf pack howled. Jayden and Lauren started to cry. I knew how hard this is for them. They still have to be strong for the rest of the team. They stopped crying and walked out of my room. They told the others that I didn't make it.