i. one

DAPHNE WAS SURE THAT HER MOTHER WAS GOING MAD. Out of all the places they could go for the winter vacation her mother chose the mountain. A fucking mountain in the middle of snowy winter of December. She said something about 'rushed adrenaline' and 'the beautiful scenery' but there's nothing there but a cliff, a forest, and a military school that looked like a big haunted castle.

Daphne knew that her mother not a nature person, Evangeline was more a city person. She loved the car horns, the tall building, and the city lights. So, when the older Clarke stated that they were going somewhere that are far from the cities, she almost tempted to drag her dear mother to her psychiatry.

She stood in front of the tall gate of the school. It felt like something was called her to go inside. But she's not crazy enough to barged in to a spooky castle in the middle of the night. Why she's even there? Well, her mother was drunk and that's good enough reason for her to slipped out from the mansion.

Daphne wanted to smile when she saw a car stopped not far from where she stood. And from that car got out three people that she's knew exactly who they were.

"Well, well, well, what do we have here," said Daphne that makes the three demigods stand guard before turning their backs, "isn't it good to meet all of you, I haven't see any of you since your last quest. So it's true then, you came back alive and well,"

The petite British girl looked at the Daughter of Zeus with interest.

"Daphne," Annabeth clench her jaw.

It's not a secret that the children in Athena cabin hate her just because she's actually has a brain to think unlike her half-sibling that rather use their fist than their brain, also Annabeth thought that it's unfair that Daphne neither has ADHD nor dyslexia. Well, war is not always about physical, just because she is no Athena kid doesn't mean she can't do the thinking. But of course, the kids in Athena cabin think otherwise, they think Daphne 'stole' their expertise, so there's Daphne beautiful and smart, and does not fit the stereotypical Ares kids.

"Cut the frown Ms. Chase, you'll get wrinkles," Daphne wave her hands off, "what are you three doing here?"

"The question is actually, what are you doing here? You are not following us aren't you?" ask Thalia Grace.

Daphne likes to wonder, how it is like to be 'death' or turned into tree. But of course, she would be killed in an instant if she ever asks those question to the daughter of Zeus.

"No, why would I? Are you three on a quest?" Daphne grinned.

"Not your business," Annabeth said with a permanent scowl on her face.

"Calm darling, my dear mother think that this is the best place to spend for our winter vacation," Daphne said sarcastically and totally annoyed, "and while my dear mother got drunk, I decided to take a walk and see you three there, I'll be back for I don't know maybe thirty or forty minutes from now,"

"Err... who are you? How do you know Thalia and Annabeth?"

"Oh dear, the famous Percy Jackson, it's a pleasure to meet you," Daphne give Percy her famous charming smile that makes the boy slightly goes red, "Daphne Clarke at your service,"

The boy a little taken aback when he heard the thick accent when she spoke.

"Oh yeah, yes it is also a pleasure to meet you," Percy stuttered, "Umm, you're the daughter of Aphrodite right?"

Daphne laugh lightly. It's not the first time that people assume her godly parent to be the goddess of love.

"Oh no, it's not, it's Ares actually. The one that you know, you insulted when you were twelve," she said with a smile.