Chapter 19

It has been ten months since Francine started at West Bridge Academy, and she has made a lot of wonderful memories! Not to mention her fondness for Andrea, who made her first few months a living hell, but now, she likes her more than ever.

Today is the day where the students will be receiving the awards they earned for the year. It's Recognition Day.

"Miss rank two," Andrea sits beside her, "You—okay ka lang?"

Francine sighs before smiling, "Okay lang po, ikaw?"

Andrea shrugs, "I'm okay if you're okay," She said, "Anyways, here ..."

Francine scans the yellow envelope, she opens it, "March—ohhh ..."

"You are invited." Andrea smiles, "Don't be late."

Francine nods, "Naka alphabetical tayo, bumalik ka na sa assigned seat mo."

"Pinapa-alis mo na ako?!"

"Oo kasi andito na si Mr. Dizon." Francine smiled at the guy, who was waiting patiently for Andrea to go, "Usap tayo mamaya?"

"Fine."

Andrea then leaves, the guy immediately sits down beside her. They just exchanged small smiles. They barely knew each other since they weren't in the same section.

"The name's Xel," He introduced, "You are Francine Diaz right?"

"Yup."

Xel scoffs, "Wow ..." He examines her, "Congratulations on surviving."

"Thanks," Francine looks at her brochure again, "I survived because I studied."

"Not that one Ms. Diaz."

Francine closes the brochure, "Eto nanaman tayo." She mumbles.

"About Ms. Gorostiza—"

"She's got an attitude, but I can manage." Francine cuts him off, "No, she's not a 'demon'." She quoted, "She is actually an angel."

"O-Okay ..."

"We good? We good." Francine then ignores him.

The event starts a little later, and everything is going as stated in the programme flow. Although the students are seated alphabetically, they were called by their ranks, starting from the lowest to highest of their respective year level and programme.

"Rank twenty-eight," Ma'am Elliott Lewis, the current school principal, adjusts her reading glasses, "Mr. Max Martinez."

Everyone clapped, but Francine outdid them. Max receives his certificate, he gets off the stage, and the next student is called. Francine readies her hand as she wants to clap the loudest when her other friends are called.

"Rank twenty-seven, Ms. Anna Flores."

"Rank twenty-five, Mr. Louise Abuel."

"Rank twenty, Mr. Tristan Canencia."

"Rank eighteen, Ms. Christine Joy de Guzman."

"Rank fifteen, Ms. Jessica Chua."

"Rank thirteen, Ms. Isabela Maria Borres."

Suddenly ma'am Lewis steps down at the podium, and a pretty young woman replaces her, everyone's eyes are on her.

"I'm Jennifer West," She introduced herself, the heir of the academy, "I will be announcing the top ten."

"Rank ten, Ms. Criza Taa."

"Rank seven, Mr. Seth Yancy Fedelin."

"Rank five, Mr. Kyle John Ecchari."