18. The Dementor accident

Summer went on really quickly, especially when preparing for the twins' joke shop. Every day you would come up with more ideas for products, designs and even matching colour schemes for each product. Yours and the twins' goal was to create a joke shop like none other and becoming bigger than Zonko's shop.

Whilst doodling new design ideas, you would listen to the twins bickering and trying to make new products.

"No you git don't put— that's the wrong thing!" Said George, the "brains" of the shop.

"I'm doing the right thing! Look at the recipe!" Fred eyed his brother, getting more frustrated.

"Bloody hell, can you two just shut up already?" Ron said from the other side of the room, playing wizard's chess and clearly beating Ginny at it.

"You shut up Ron!" Both the twins eyed their brother and returned to their small arguement again.

That's when Hermione bursted through the door, the Daily Prophet in her hand. She looked terrified at what she'd probably had read on the paper. She was also slightly out of breath, her breath rising and falling fast.

"'Mione, is everything alright?" You put your sketch book and quill aside, standing up to approach her and see what she had read.

"You look like you've seen a ghost." Said Ron.

"Well, if you read what the Daily Prophet said about your best friend, then you'd be terrified as well." Hermione snapped at Ron, making him a bit anxious about Harry.

You were shocked. Apparently, Harry used the patronus charm outside of school. But why would dementors be out in the open? Aren't they controlled by the Ministry? He could have only used the patronus charm to defend himself, not to "show off".

"Well, you know what that means," said Ginny and everyone turned to face her "Harry's coming!"

"Wh—"

"Everyone come down! Dinner's ready!" you were interrupted by Molly's voice calling you all to eat.

Ron, Hermione, Ginny and George were gone by now, leaving you alone with Fred who was currently writing down the ingredients and the formula for one of the products.

You stared at him and admired his features for a while; his fiery hair falling down on his face, his tongue against the inside of his cheek, his focused and serious face. Even his muscles on his back were flexing a bit. He looked magnetising.

"Don't you know it's rude to stare, Black?" his cocky voice took you out of your trance. He grinned not looking up from his paper. That bastard...

"You know, Freddie, I was thinking—" you took a seat beside him, bringing your knees to your chest.

"That's a first."

"Ha ha ha, Weasley!" You huffed. "As I was saying, I was thinking about the Yule Ball..."

"What about it?" Fred didn't look up, he was way too focused but he was listening, why wouldn't he listen to you?

"You asked Angelina to the ball but ended up going with me. Why?"

"Angelina knew about it all along— the letters I mean. I told her when she saw me writing one after playing Quidditch with the team. She asked me about it and I told her my plan."

"But why didn't you tell me that it was you? You also left her at the Yule Ball on her own." He stopped writing and turned to look at you with those beautiful brown eyes.

"She didn't mind it, don't worry. And, uhm, I was nervous I guess? I also wanted to add some mystery and some fun into it. You know me! I'm the infamous prankster Fred Weasley! I had to add some fun to it." You both laughed.